The best seafood markets in Phuket showcase the island’s unique and popular cuisine. The island is naturally surrounded by the Andaman Sea, where you can find plenty of flavoursome seafood such as red snapper, prawns, cockles and the iconic Phuket lobster. Local fisherman land fresh supplies to these traditional markets every day –sometimes the catch is so fresh, it’s still breathing.
A creative quirk of many Phuket seafood markets is that you can buy seafood and immediately deliver them to an onsite restaurant, where you can have it prepared either to your taste or in a traditional Thai style. These great seafood markets are as much an attraction as a dining option in Phuket.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Aroonsom Patong Food ParkPatong
The Aroonsom Patong Food Park consists of several seafood restaurants that only operates in the evenings. During the day, you'll see a covered sideroad and carpark. Once the sun sets, it becomes alive with tourists and locals enjoying excellent fresh seafood at great prices. Notable parts include 89 Seafood and Kusuma Halal Restaurant. The Aroonsom Patong Food Park is located along Rat-U-Thit Road, around 300 metres east of Patong Beach.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 4.30pm to midnight
- Location: Rat-U-Thit Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150 Thailand
Banzaan Market in Patong is a modern-looking Thai fresh market close to Bangla Boxing Stadium. It's quite popular for offering excellent and fresh seafood – you'll need to buy some from the ground floor before taking it up to the upstairs food court, where many kiosks can cook them for you. Thai dishes are also available here, which will probably cost you around 150 baht. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6am to 9pm
- Location: 181 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Rd, Patong Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
Rawai Sea Gypsies MarketRawai
The Rawai Sea Gypsies Fish Market offers a wide range of fresh seafood in Rawai Beach. The 100-metre-long road is lined with seafood stalls on its coastal side and restaurants on its inland part. Most of the stands have bubbling tanks and buckets of live seafood, while butchered samples lied in beds of ice. Prices are pretty similar from stall to stall, generally set by kg. Most have price tags, but you can still bargain for a better deal. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 9pm (hours may vary)
- Location: Wiset Road, Rawai Beach, Rawai, Phuket 83130, Thailand
Phuket Town Central MarketPhuket Town
The Phuket Town Central Market is an open marketplace where many vendors from the island's many markets come to do their shopping in the early mornings. Fresh vegetables, meat, fish and seafood, exotic fruits, condiments, and ready-made dishes are available at reasonable prices. Located on the right side of Ranong Road, Phuket Town Central Market is around 200 metres east of Jui Tui Shrine. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday from 4am to 12.30pm, Tuesday–Sunday from 4am to 8pm
- Location: Ranong, Phuket Town, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand