While Phuket does not have too many tall buildings for the style of vertigo-inducing bars and clubs of Bangkok’s rooftops, it makes up for it with the fantastic views you can enjoy from sun-kissed terraces. The sunset views from Patong’s rooftops are particularly breath-taking, as proved by the sheer number of bars and restaurants taking advantage of elevated locations.
The best rooftop bars in Phuket all feature first-class food, a great choice of beverages and elegant, chic surroundings in which you can fully enjoy the spectacles which surround you. Being significantly closer to the ground, that spectacle is perhaps not what you would expect of the grand title of ‘rooftop bar’, but they remain excellent places to chill out and enjoy a beautiful sunset followed by a cool and relaxing evening.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Baba NestPanwa Beach
Despite relatively short opening hours and a fairly remote location, Baba Nest at Sri Panwa Phuket is widely regarded as one of the best rooftop bars in the world, let alone Phuket. Strikingly simple in design, it's just a large open deck surrounded on all sides by an infinity-edge pool. It's the stunning 360-degree views which make it so renowned.
Highly exclusive, there's limited available space and reservations are essential. In-house guests have a minimum-spend requirement of 500 baht while those not staying at Sri Panwa must spend at least 1,000 baht. Given that the extensive drinks menu features high-end cocktails, that’s not going to be a difficult number to reach. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 9pm
- Location: Sri Panwa, 88/5 Sakdidej Rd, Wichit, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 371 000
The Surface Restaurant & BarPatong Beach
The Surface has a great location atop La Flora Resort & Spa, right in the middle of Patong Beach, with only a couple of storeys between you and the sand. It means that you get unrivalled sea views, making this one of the best places in the area to watch the sunset. Add an unobtrusive musical backdrop, some great western fusion food, a 41-label wine list and a choice of 30 mocktails and cocktails and you have a recipe for romance. The recommended dish to enjoy with the great view of the sea is the Seafood Basket, containing lobster, squid, white prawns, sea bass (or red snapper), clams, and mussels. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5.30pm to 12am
- Location: La Flora Resort Patong, 39 Thaweewong Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 344 241
Quip Sky BarPhuket Town
Quip Sky Bar (on the roof of the Quip Bed & Breakfast) has a unique and quirky style, some great signature cocktails and a lobster-laden menu of Thai dishes. The first rooftop restaurant and bar in Phuket Town, it's split into 2 areas. The covered dining section is best for enjoying lobster Pad Thai and deep-fried lobster wontons. The lounge beyond is ringed with an ornamental pond, which you can sit over in custom-made relaxing seats, which look and feel like they evolved from a hammock. The view of the busy city and the small river running through it is also well worth a 5-floor slog upstairs, with no elevator alternative. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 4pm to midnight
- Location: 5th Floor, Quip Bed & Breakfast, 54 Phuket Rd, Talat Yai, Mueang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)7 635 5052
On Top Rooftop Pool & BarPatong Beach
An impressive poolside party venue, the name comes from the fact that it is “on top” of the Hotel Swissôtel Resort Phuket Patong Beach. The view over the 7th-floor balcony is unfortunately not spectacular, but the club itself is. It features a great choice of signature drinks and dishes. Take a seat at the funky bar, in the luxurious cabanas or on the sofas and sun loungers on the lawn or around the pool for great music and a friendly party atmosphere. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 11pm
- Address: 7th Floor, Hotel Swissôtel Resort Phuket Patong Beach, 48 Ruam Jai Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 337 000
KEE Sky Lounge & RestaurantPatong Beach
Located at the end of Soi Sea Dragon – Bangla Road’s most notorious off-shoot – The Kee Sky Lounge has a good view of the centre of Patong. Reached by riding in a glass elevator to the top of The Kee Resort & Spa, the lounge has a chic, colourful style and a great choice of east-meets-west cuisine, including wasabi-encrusted tuna steak and Cajun swordfish with tomato lime salsa. A drinks list of 29 cocktails makes this an impressive sundowner spot and a great place to start a night of partying. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5.30pm to 12am
- Location: 6th and 7th Floor, The KEE Resort & Spa Patong, 152/1 Thawewong Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 335 888