Stand-Up Paddle (SUP) Boarding in Phuket
Phuket’s New Trend in Watersports0
Stand-up paddle (SUP) boarding is the latest exciting watersport to reach Phuket’s coast. It may be new to the island, but stand-up paddle surfing (its other name) has a very long history. Practiced for thousands of years on most rivers and coastal areas in the southern hemisphere of our planet, it was officially recognised and attributed to the Waikiki Beach boys in Hawaii in the ‘60s.
In Phuket, SUP boarding is sure to have a great future. The warm and clear waters surrounding the island are the perfect playground (in high season) to try out this cool nautical sporting activity that doesn’t require any outstanding physical capacity or experience. It only needs a few lessons to learn the proper position to keep balance on the surfboard, how to use the long-handle paddle, and how to ‘safely tame the potential waves’. See below the companies offering stand-up paddle boarding courses, equipment rental, and tours in Phuket.Read More
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Skyla’s Surf & SUP
As its name implies, Skyla’s Surf & SUP is fully dedicated to surfing and stand-up paddle boarding. Located in front of Catch Beach Club on Bangtao Beach, Skyla’s Surf and SUP provides interested soft-adventurers with courses, board rental, one- and three-hour tours, and educational surf camps. Run by young and passionate surfers, Skyla’s Surf & SUP was the first surfing-SUP school to open in Phuket in the early 2000s.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: in front of Bliss Beach Club in Bangtao Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)82 519 3282
SSS Phuket offers a great range of water sports, tours and courses from scuba diving to snorkelling to free diving to surfing and stand-up paddle boarding. Located on Patak Road in Kata Beach, SSS Phuket has a committed instructor who will teach you all the proper techniques as well as a few tips and tricks to stand up on and move your board safely. SSS Phuket also has SUP boards for rent.
- Opening Hours: 08:00 – 20:00
- Location: on Patak Road, diagonally opposite Kata Weekend Market
- Tel: +66 (0)89 586 9920 or +66 (0)76 284 070
Saltwater Dreaming Surf School Phuket
Established in 2001 on Road 4025, leading to Surin Beach, Saltwater Dreaming Surf School Phuket is accredited by the NSSIA (National Surf Schools & Instructors Association) and run by a team of passionate surfers. You will find all the equipment necessary for this thrilling activity in their well-stocked shop, and they offer surfing (in low season) and SUP boarding (in high season) lessons.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 09:00 – 19:30
- Location: on Road 4025, between Surin Tesco Park and Surin Plaza
- Tel: +66 (0)76 271 050
Khun Tan has been working as a registered tour guide for the last five years, doing a range of tours in and around Phuket, Krabi, Phang Nga, Khao Sok and Khao Lak. Prior to that he worked in the dive industry in Khao Lak, where he met his wife, Kate. Together, they bring their extensive experience of the area and its waters (as well as to helping clients and customers) to the emerging and fast-growing sport of paddle boarding, with tours available from 1,000 baht per person and equipment rental from just 500 baht.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Tel: +66 (0)84 889 1278
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/paddlephuket