Anita’s Kitchen Phuket is a small but well-established Chinese restaurant just behind Bangla Boxing Stadium in Patong. Owned and operated by the extremely dedicated and experienced Anita, it is known for providing very high quality dishes at very affordable prices. It is also notable for being one of the only Chinese restaurants in Phuket to serve Cantonese cuisine, as opposed to the more common (and much spicier) Szechuan Chinese.
The restaurant is very appropriately named since Anita herself does much of the cooking and pretty much everything on the menu is prepared from scratch, from the lychee iced tea to the pasta for the dumplings. She sometimes also adds her own unique twist to traditional flavours, such as using peach instead of pineapple in the sweet and sour sauce. She makes use of fresh local ingredients and absolutely no MSG. As everything is prepared freshly, the fairly small size of the restaurant ensures that those lucky enough to get a seat will not have to wait too long for their food.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Getting particularly busy around 20:00 to 21:00, standout dishes at Anita’s Kitchen Phuket include the pork dumpling roses (120 baht for three) and the fantastic pork meatballs served in a clay pot (350 baht). Skilfully prepared in a rich red wine sauce, the meatballs are moist throughout, in spite of their quite impressive size (about 7-8cm in diameter). Even Anita’s own fried rice (200 baht), which is such a staple of Chinese food that it doesn’t even appear on the iPad menu because it is safe to just assume it is available, is an impressive dish in its own right, containing bacon and prawns.
The restaurant is very visitor-friendly, with the staff (including Anita) able to speak excellent English and welcoming guests from around the world. Travellers from the UK who are hankering after some Chinese food will particularly appreciate Anita’s Kitchen Phuket as the Cantonese dishes are a much closer match for the sort of food you will get from a UK Chinese restaurant. Visitors from anywhere will generally appreciate the bold and delightful flavours, convenient location and excellent prices.
- Opening Hours: Wed – Mon 12:00 – 22:00 (closed Tue)
- Address: 155/51 Sai Kor Road, behind Bangla Boxing Stadium, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)94 597 3756
- Cuisine: Cantonese Chinese