Anthem Wake Park in Phuket
Cable Wakeboarding Park for Pros and Beginners Alike0
Anthem Wake Park is the latest addition to the water sports scene on Phuket. Located in a green leafy natural area between the Phuket Heroines monument and Cherng Talay village, Anthem offers no less than three cable options on a 50,000sqm lake. Surrounded by trees and vegetation, this freshwater lake offers an excellent quality of water as it comes from the surrounding hills and is constantly renewed. Environmentally friendly, Anthem Wake Park uses zero carbon emission ‘Sesitec’ electric cables.
Cable skiing was invented in 1959 by Bruno Rixen – a German engineer – and this sport is gaining more and more popularity around the globe: There are more than 250 cable parks in the world, with seven parks in Thailand, where because of the generally clement weather conditions it can be practiced all year round.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
The main cable system is 647m long with six towers sited around the lake and this setup is unusual in that it’s the first and only clockwise wake park in Asia. Around the circuit boarders will come across five different ramps and sliders – table-top, step-up rail, incline, kickers (left and right) which makes for a challenging round for boarders of all levels.
A second cable - system 2.0 (only two towers) is already installed for beginners with a length of about 60m. Its remote controlled speed adjustment system permits each wake boarder to practice safely according to their skills and abilities. A third, more advanced system 2.0 cable is planned to be installed with ‘half-pipe’ and other challenging obstacles.
The main idea behind Anthem Wake Park is to get European and other western wakeboarding teams to come and train in Phuket during winter season and indeed the Israeli and Scandinavian teams have already used the park for training. Of course Anthem is open to the public too, but with the added advantage that you can actually watch the pros train, too.
A team of eight friendly and enthusiastic professional riders, instructors and technicians run the park. Passionate, young and professional, they will give you all the support you need and plus teach you the special tricks to become a proper wake boarder. A pro-shop is available, selling equipment such as wakeboards and helmets.
Anthem Wake Park
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 09:00 - 18:30
- Location: Cherng Talay
- Address: 194/6 M.7 Sri-sunthorn road
- Tel: +66 (0)76 620 034
- Price Range: 2 hours: 400 baht, 4 hours: 600 baht, full day: 750 baht
- How to get there: On Srisoonthorn Rd, three kilometres after the Heroines Monument on the way to Surin, look out for the Manik Temple (Wat Thepwanaram) gate and turn left, Anthem Park is a few hundred metres down the road, almost facing the entrance of the temple.