Banana Beach has white sands, a clear blue sea and is backed by bright green jungle. Part of Koh Hey Island, the beach is a popular destination for people visiting Phuket. Though it's less than 10 km from the mainland, it is largely untouched by construction and tourism. Koh Hey means Coral Island in Thai and this island is one of the most popular places to visit in the Phuket area.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Since the island is part of a national park and a marine preservation area, buildings have been limited to a few huts. Most visitors come for the day to enjoy a variety of water sports. Banana boats are popular here (which is how the beach got its name), as well as snorkelling, sea kayaking and parasailing. Scuba diving is also available and, because the area is protected, divers can see lots of colourful fish.
To get to Banana Beach, you need to take a speedboat from Chalong Pier, which takes less than 30 minutes and offers good views of the ocean and islands. The speed boat is the start of the adventure for most visitors, and many people arrange a day of activities in advance also. There is one restaurant serving food here that has been built from bamboo to keep the beach free from concrete. Don’t forget your camera because Banana Beach is very photogenic.
Banana Beach on Koh Hey
- Location: Banana Beach, Coral Island
- Tel: +66 (0)86 997 8055