Bang Pae Seafood Restaurant in Phuket
Local Thai Dining in the Mangroves0
If you feel like dining on good-quality Thai seafood, it’s really best to go where the locals go. Bang Pae Seafood is one of the island’s all-time favourite neighborhood restaurants and is located in Bang Pae Village, not far from Bang Pae Waterfall near Thalang.
Yes, it is a little bit out of the way for most tourists, but it offers diners the real deal.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
What to say about Bangpae Seafood Restaurant? Fresh local seafood, preparing by experienced chef, its decor is hardly stands out but its surroundings are excellent. The dishes are served promptly and at very reasonable prices. What more could a hungry customer ask for?
Try their tom yam talay (hot-and-sour Thai seafood soup), deep-fried tempura shrimp, stir-fried vegetables with cashew nuts, fresh oysters with local herbs and deep-fried squid with garlic and pepper. Also, their steamed and broiled seafood dishes with Thai herbs are delicious.
What not to miss about eating seafood in Thailand is nam jim or Thai spicy seafood sauce. It’s made from garlic, green chillies and a little bit of fish sauce, lime juice and sugar. The taste is a mixture of spicy, sour and a little bit sweet. You can ask for the ‘mai pet maak’ (not too spicy) version and they will tone it down for you. The problem is once you get used to the sauce, it’ll be hard to enjoy seafood, especially the BBQ items without it. So be aware!
This seaside restaurant has a spectacular location with a small beach for kids to run around on or to stroll up and down before or after a meal. There’s a lovely backdrop of mangroves, too.
The best time to go is at lunchtime as the mosquitoes are a lot less active then and you can just take in the ocean views. Try to remember to take along mosquito repellent but don’t panic if you forget; the restaurant has mosquito coils.
Bang Pae Seafood
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 – 20:00
- Location: About nine kilometers from the Heroines’ Monument towards Ao Por Pier and only a few hundred metres further down the road from Bangpae Waterfall and the Gibbon Rehabilitation Project. The restaurant is on the right-hand side of the road. Look for the big red sign.
- Tel: +66 (0)87 887 5785
- Cuisine: Seafood and Thai