If you feel like dining on good-quality Thai seafood, it’s really best to go where the locals go. Bang Pae Seafood is one of the island’s all-time favourite neighborhood restaurants and is located in Bang Pae Village, not far from Bang Pae Waterfall near Thalang.
Yes, it is a little bit out of the way for most tourists, but it offers diners the real deal.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
What to say about Bangpae Seafood Restaurant? Fresh local seafood, preparing by experienced chef, its decor is hardly stands out but its surroundings are excellent. The dishes are served promptly and at very reasonable prices. What more could a hungry customer ask for?
Try their tom yam talay (hot-and-sour Thai seafood soup), deep-fried tempura shrimp, stir-fried vegetables with cashew nuts, fresh oysters with local herbs and deep-fried squid with garlic and pepper. Also, their steamed and broiled seafood dishes with Thai herbs are delicious.
What not to miss about eating seafood in Thailand is nam jim or Thai spicy seafood sauce. It’s made from garlic, green chillies and a little bit of fish sauce, lime juice and sugar. The taste is a mixture of spicy, sour and a little bit sweet. You can ask for the ‘mai pet maak’ (not too spicy) version and they will tone it down for you. The problem is once you get used to the sauce, it’ll be hard to enjoy seafood, especially the BBQ items without it. So be aware!
This seaside restaurant has a spectacular location with a small beach for kids to run around on or to stroll up and down before or after a meal. There’s a lovely backdrop of mangroves, too.
The best time to go is at lunchtime as the mosquitoes are a lot less active then and you can just take in the ocean views. Try to remember to take along mosquito repellent but don’t panic if you forget; the restaurant has mosquito coils.
Bang Pae Seafood
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 – 20:00
- Location: About nine kilometers from the Heroines’ Monument towards Ao Por Pier and only a few hundred metres further down the road from Bangpae Waterfall and the Gibbon Rehabilitation Project. The restaurant is on the right-hand side of the road. Look for the big red sign.
- Tel: +66 (0)87 887 5785
- Cuisine: Seafood and Thai