Bang Rong Pier is located on the north-eastern side of Phuket Island. Close to the entrance to Phang Nga Bay and Koh Khai, it's the main place for visitors to catch water taxis and speed boats to several of the nearby islands. Water access is available to Koh Yao Yai (Big Long Island), Koh Yao Noi (Little Long Island), and Koh Naka. Boat times and prices vary. As a guide, speedboats operate each day to Koh Yao Yai at regular intervals between 7.40am and 5.30pm, and the journey costs around 120 baht. You can also negotiate the price for a private transfer in a longtail boat – but be prepared to barter!
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Getting to Bang Rong Pier from Phuket Airport takes around 30 minutes. There are several local attractions in the area; you don’t just need to visit Bang Rong Pier to catch a boat. Kayaking through the mangroves is a popular activity. Hop into a small vessel, paddle through the waters, and see the diverse flora and fauna. You can learn more about the area’s biodiversity at the Bang Rong Agricultural Conservation Tourist Centre. The small communities close to the pier consist of mainly Muslim residents, many of whom make a living by fishing. Stop at one of the restaurants nearby to sample freshly caught and tasty seafood.
Bang Rong Pier Phuket
- Location: Soi Mukthalang, Thep Krasatti, Thalang District, Phuket 83110, Thailand