5 Recommended Restaurants in Bangtao
Thai & International Restaurants in Bangtao Beach0
Bangtao is chiefly a tourist destination with the huge Laguna Complex dominating the area. But you’ll also find a host of smaller resorts along and near to this idyllic strand and resorts mean people who, in turn, mean restaurants to satisfy their culinary needs.
As with most international tourist destinations, Bangtao has a wide and even eclectic choice of dining-out options and with a little looking around you’ll discover that the main dining areas are along the beach, the road from Cherng Talay to the Laguna Complex, and the Laguna itself. Expect to find just about everything here, from basic beach shack snacks to eating off classy china with brass cutlery.Read More
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
360 Degrees has been described by some as one of the best sunset viewing restaurant in Phuket and with its sweeping views of the surrounding countryside, Layan Beach, and further out to the horizon on the Andaman Sea it’s easy to believe it.
Serving Mediterranean-inspired dishes and tapas in a lush hilltop setup, this is the place to come to for sundowners and great food if you want to live life to the max. Located in the Phuket Pavilions Resort, it complements the resort’s lush collection of completely private pool villas and is the perfect place for guests and visitors to rub shoulders and meet new friends. There’s also a good wine list here as well as nice and strong cocktails. Read More...
- Location: in Phuket Pavilions Resort
- Address: 31/1 Moo6, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket, 83110
Run by a charming French-Thai couple, Black Cat is a local favourite and has been for many years. Serving Thai and international food in a decidedly friendly and relaxed atmosphere, Black Cat delivers good-quality dishes in generous portions and still manages to keep the prices down to reasonable levels. The bamboo-and-thatch décor with an open side makes the place seem like a beachside eatery but you’ll actually find it on the road from Cherng Talay to Laguna.
Black Cat could win a ‘biggest menu in Phuket’ prize if it came to a competition and, as the team has been together for years, the service is smooth and effective. Expect regular and happy customers – that’s always a good sign. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:30 – 15:00 17:30 – 01:00 daily except Sunday 17:30 – 01:00
- Address: 104 Bandon Cherngtalay Road, Cherngtalay
- Tel: 076-271180 or 081-7879701
Ruen Thai is an elegant and beautifully fitted out Thai restaurant in the grounds of Dusit Laguna Phuket Resort. Located by the side of a lake, you can make a grand entrance here by arriving by boat as the six resorts in the Laguna complex are interconnected by waterways.
Ruen Thai is a teakwood house and enjoys a traditional atmosphere with live classical Thai music nightly, gleaming brass fixtures, authentically uniformed staff members and royal Thai cuisine served on traditional ‘Benjarong’ colourful crockery. It really is an experience to dine here by day or by night and the food is of top quality. Order a som tam (papaya salad) and it will be prepared tableside. Highly recommended.
- Location: Inside the Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 324 324
Serving notable international food in a smooth mix of fusion, ethnic, and original creative dishes, Tatonka has been popular for many years and the surprising thing is that Chef Harold Schwarz has seen no great need to change his menu as long as people are happy with it, and they very obviously are as the restaurant is busy each and every night it is open.
Tatonka has new age décor and an eclectic feel to it and with an al fresco section and a warmly lit inner part; it’s a pretty romantic place to have an intimate meal. Expect fresh, innovative, and well-presented dishes, soft background music, attentive service along with a good international wine list of carefully chosen labels. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – late. Closed Sundays
- Location: Tinlay Place, Cherng Talay
- Tel: 076 324 349
The Beach Bar may not have an original name but it sure is an original place. Located at the northern part of Bangtao Beach, this lounge bar and restaurant also hosts a tattoo studio, @Ink Tattoo. Opened in 2012, the Beach Bar & Restaurant is a large venue composed of two buildings situated right on the seafront – one being the original restaurant, here since 2007.
The food served here is a casual but tasty with skillfully prepared Thai and western dishes. Seafood is dominant in the Thai part of the menu, and you can find a good choice of western salads, sandwiches and pastas. Perfect for breezy, feet-in-the-sand experience, The Beach Bar has a great combination of location, location and location. Read More...
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: Northern part of Bangtao Beach
- Tel: 083-5039001
- Price Range: Affordable prices, expect to pay 120 baht for a fried rice and 80 baht for a beer (prices of May 2013)
- How to get there: To get there take the small road toward Layan Beach at the northern end of Laguna Phuket Complex. The venue is well indicated on your left.