Phuket has many Indian restaurants, which is not surprising when you consider it's one of the more cosmopolitan destinations in Thailand. The broad international appeal of Thailand’s most popular island attracts visitors from around the world. As a result, there's a wide choice of cuisines available alongside the outstanding native Thai dishes, including a good selection of Indian eateries. Whether you are visiting from India and want a taste of home or you just really fancy a curry, this list of the best Indian restaurants in Phuket is for you.
Common features of curry houses across the island include outstanding service, high-quality dishes and a price range which, while not as cheap as Thai food, is not in the budget-buster levels. Excellent offerings are well spread around Phuket, with good choices available around most of the main beach destinations. We’ve picked out the best of them below.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Bollywood Phuket Restaurant & BarPhuket Town
Bollywood Phuket is the unique standalone Indian restaurant set in a lovely Sino-Portuguese-style building on the outskirts of Phuket Town. It's a classy family-run business managed by a Sikh Pakistani lady named Priya, offering top-notch subcontinent specialities. They mostly serve central and north Indian home-style cooked specialities, as well as a choice of curries coming from the most notable provinces of the subcontinent. Their 3 Indian chefs are in charge of delivering the goods and they can prepare almost any dish on request. It's not the cheapest option available, but the quality justifies the price. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Wednesday–Monday from 12pm to 10pm (closed on Tuesdays)
- Location: Phuket Bypass Rd, Wichit, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 304 034
Casablanca Indian & Arabian RestaurantPatong Beach
Casablanca Indian and Arabian Restaurant in the Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa serves up certified Halal food and it does so with panache. However, they specialise in excellent Indian cuisine, with the enormous lamb leg tandoori, served still on the bone, being particularly impressive. The naan breads are also a visual and culinary treat. All of this, as well as elements of Pakistani and Nepalese cuisine, is served in a very classy Arabic-style setting. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 10pm
- Location: The Royal Paradise Hotel, 123/15-16 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 340 666
Baluchi RestaurantPatong Beach
Baluchi is a well-established, well-respected restaurant in Patong, known for its meticulous attention to details in recreating sub-continental cuisine. Star dishes include boneless chicken in spinach puree, kasturi methi and spices, as well as the paneer tikka. These and many others feature ingredients specially imported from India, providing the authentic taste of this remarkable cuisine. The restaurant is immensely popular with vegetarians as the menu includes plenty of Gujarati Jain food. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30am to 11.30pm
- Location: Horizon Patong Beach Resort & Spa, 64/39 Thaweewong Rd. Soi Kep Sap, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)7 629 2526
Curry Night Indian RestaurantCape Panwa
A popular family-run restaurant, Curry Night has been established on Cape Panwa for many years and has developed quite a devoted fan-base of regular visitors. Their high-quality curries are pretty reasonably priced and served up by friendly staff in a pleasant, partly open-air upstairs setting. It's genuine Indian cuisine, so make sure you’re prepared for plenty of spice. The menu includes an excellent range of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes and even some vegan options and some impressive Thai options.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 12am
- Location: 19/15 Sakdidej Road, Wichit, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)89 726 4495
Curry Delight Indian RestaurantKata Beach
Quite a modest-looking place, at the southern end of Kata Beach, the reputation of Curry Delight for great Indian and Thai food is excellent. It has a very cool atmosphere, with a pool table to play on while you’re waiting for your food to arrive. The staff are very friendly and the food is authentically Indian and pretty spicy. Particularly noteworthy are the palak paneer, dal tadka and lamb rogan josh. The prices are generally low and the quality is pretty high.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 11pm
- Location: 227/2 Soi Koktanot, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)86 971 8890
Highway Curry Indian & Thai CuisineKaron Beach
With its warm orange walls and the warm welcome from the staff, Highway Curry has a very pleasant and friendly atmosphere. It specialises in share dishes and a social dining experience, with an extensive menu of authentic Indian dishes ranging from fragrant curries to tandoori-grilled meals, as well as a few of their own signature creations, such as the Highway Special chicken tawa. The chef is pretty adaptable and can customise dishes to specific needs, including making them vegan-friendly.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 11pm
- Location: 375/2 Patak Rd, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)83 024 3015
Tantra Patong Indian RestaurantPatong Beach
Tantra is an odd combination of Indian restaurant and British-style pub, making it particularly ideal for those travelling from the UK who love a good curry. The décor and atmosphere are even pretty good representations of a British curry house. In spite of this odd theme, the use of high-quality ingredients and excellent preparation creates a menu of authentic North Indian and Mayulai dishes, including tandoori kebabs and the Kashmiri classic lamb rogan josh.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 11.30pm
- Location: 185/5-6 Thawewong Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 344 016
Live IndiaCape Panwa
A lovely little restaurant close to the coast on Cape Panwa, Live India is known for its great food, low prices and well-spoken waiters. Notable dishes include the saag mutton, palak paneer and prawn vindaloo. Their selection of naan breads is particularly impressive, though the garlic one is definitely the top choice. The menu features plenty of vegetarian dishes, as well as a few Thai options, and the friendly staff are more than willing to customise each to your needs and desires.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10.30am to 10.30pm
- Location: 31/28 Moo 8, Sukdidej Rd. Wichit, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 537 9970
ICC Indian Curry ClubPatong Beach
There’s nothing quite like a nice curry after a night of partying and ICC Restaurant, being close to Patong’s Bangla Road and open until very late, is a good choice. Specialising in North Indian and Mughlai cuisine, their garlic naans, chicken tikka masala and lamb vindaloo (so, the typical post-party options) are highly recommended. It’s quite a small but colourful place and the staff are particularly friendly and attentive.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 2.30am
- Location: Soi Sansabai, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)85 120 0050