Bistro Mon Ami - Phuket
Franco-Swiss Restaurant in Nai Harn Hinterland0
Bistro Mon Ami is a quaint venue located on Soi Samakee, in the hinterland of Nai Harn and Rawai beaches, toward the southern end of Phuket. Set in a nicely renovated, traditionally Thai, wooden two-storey house, this unpretentious restaurant has a bucolic atmosphere, and offers the perfect place for a relaxing dinner with friends and family.
Under Franco-Swiss management, Bistro Mon Ami boasts a menu that leans toward the traditional dishes from the land of cuckoo clocks and Toblerone, and the restaurant does it in style. The main priority of Chef Eric Delmas – with his 39 years of culinary experience – is the freshness of the products, and the pleasure he has in making his customers discover new flavours.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Ao Phang Nga National Park Kayak Adventure
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Introduction to City Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Morning Sino Heritage Walk
- Koh Yao Noi Full-Day Bike Tour
Bistro Mon Ami’s settings and décor has an undeniable rural Swiss touch. The genuine wooden Thai house it occupies feels like a Swiss chalet moved from the Alps to Phuket. The dining room is open-sided, and a large patch of green grass features a few tables for those who’d like to dine under the stars.
The atmosphere of the restaurant is pretty relaxing and cosy. With seating capacity for a maximum of 30 diners, Bistro Mon Ami definitely has the bistro-feel its name promises. Unobtrusive Latino and French music gently rocks the venue, while the waiters provide guests with attentive and discreet service.
Bistro Mon Ami’s menu features a great choice of European and Thai dishes from trendy Spanish Tapas (selection of five Tapas served with bread at 380 baht) to salads (Caesar salad at 160 baht) to pasta (spaghetti Gorgonzola at 240 baht) to main courses (fresh grilled tuna at 340 baht) to Thai favourites (chicken and cashew nuts at 150 baht), just to name a few.
Chef Eric also likes to organise special themed evenings (announced beforehand on their Facebook page) with delicious traditional dishes such as braised lamb shank with red wine, Alsatian sauerkraut, or Zurich-style shredded veal. Every Saturday is a BBQ Festival: an all-you-can-eat churrasco skewers dinner party for 690 baht. Bistro Mon Ami is also available for private parties, including birthdays, small weddings.
Bistro Mon Ami
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – 23:00. Closed on Mondays
- Location: Soi Samakee 2 near Nai Harn Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)85 796 9819 or +66 (0)92 979 7620
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Bistro-Mon-Ami-774299335987035/
You May Also Like