The Bua is a very popular restaurant located at the southern end of Kamala Beach, on the west coast of Phuket Island. This Asian Fusion and Thai cuisine restaurant is named lotus (bua in Thai), probably the most important flower in Thailand. Run by Chef Suporn Purasakung, better-known as Jamie, The Bua is the kind of place at which you can eat a five-star dinner for a three-star price.
The long experience of Chef Jamie in many restaurants belonging to the upscale resorts scene of Phuket explains easily the trendiness of his restaurant. A good sign regarding the quality of the food served at The Bua, is that it’s frequented as much by local Thai people as it is by foreigners on holiday.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
The Bua Restaurant Highlights
With a relaxing atmosphere, great views northward across Kamala Bay from the terrace, unobtrusive live music, and reasonable rates, The Bua offers the perfect venue to feast on finely cooked Thai and Asian Fusion specialties during your holiday in Phuket.
If you are not familiar with Asian food, ask the staff for their recommendations or simply try one of the classic Thai dishes such as pad Thai with shrimps, massaman beef curry, or stir-fried chicken with cashew nuts; you can’t go wrong. If you want to sample one of Chef Jamie’s specialities, the pomelo salad & seared tuna is unmissable. The service is friendly and prompt too.
The Bua - Photos
Recommended Hotel Nearby
Kamala Beach Estate
The Kamala Beach Estate is only 5 minutes away from the beautiful Kamala Beach.Bang Tao Beach and Patong Beach are also close to Kamala Beach.There are a total of 20 rooms and the estate is 35km away from the Phuket International Airport.The suites on the estate are very spacious and all of them have their own private balconies that overlook the splendid garden and the Andaman Sea.The guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi in the rooms as well as in the lobby.There is also a restaurant on the premises called the Rockfish Restaurant that offers both International and Thai cuisine.The guests can also dine on the balcony if they want to. Read More...
The Bua Restaurant
- Opening Hours: Mon-Thu from 11:30 – 22:30; Fri from 11:30-23:00; Sat from 12:00 – 23:00; and Sun from 12:00 – 22:30
- Location: At the southern end of Kamala Beach, over the bridge and around the corner, near Kamala Beach Estate and Cape Sienna Hotel
- Tel: +66 (0)76 385 714