Ceramic Kitchen Phuket
An Atmospheric & Unusual Restaurant in Phuket0
Ceramic Kitchen is an enigma. This wonderfully quirky place must be one of Phuket’s most attractive, atmospheric and unusual restaurants yet, apart from social events and a fabulous Sunday roast, it is relatively quiet. Maybe it’s to do with the difficult-to-spot signage and that it is on a quiet stretch of road between Heroine’s Monument and Cherng Talay. One thing is for certain, though; Ceramic Kitchen is a winner when it comes to a colourful and memorable evening out.
But the big question is whether Ceramic Kitchen is a restaurant with a ceramics outlet or is it a ceramic factory with a restaurant attached? It actually swings both ways yet the proof of the pudding is in the eating and Ceramic Kitchen’s cuisine is definitely worth a visit.Read More
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Excursion by Speedboat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
With a far-reaching menu ranging from Thai dishes to good old British roasts to Indian curries, diners will no doubt spend quite a bit of time mulling over the two separate menu books. As usual in Thailand, it’s best to dabble.
We choose nachos with melted cheese along with a variety of salsas, dips and sour cream for starters while the main courses come in the form of a ‘Bradford’ curry (240 baht) and fish and chips (220 baht). The curry is augmented by delicious chutney and flat bread along with distinctive chunky French fries and it’s certainly spicy enough to warrant some ice-cold water. The fish and chips also has wedge-like chips with a generous portion of battered fish at the side.
The wait staff at Ceramic are young and enthusiastic and do a good job at looking after diners. The restaurant also features an attractive bar, countless ornamental statues, a garden with a pond in the middle and ceramics galore. You’ll also find a TV with sports discreetly placed to the end of the bar, live music in the evenings, small chairs and tables for kiddies (contrasting the absolutely huge teakwood banqueting tables in the restaurant) and ceramic-topped tables.
For tipplers there is a 100-label wine cellar along with a full range of cocktails. Ceramic has so many features that it’s really best to let the pictures do the talking. Highly recommended for a romantic date, this is one of Phuket’s best-kept ‘secrets’.
Ceramic Kitchen Phuket
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 24:00
- Location: 185/15 Moo 7, Srisoonthorn Rd between the Heroines’ Monument and the Cherng Talay PTT petrol station
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 272 151
- Cuisine: Thai and international
You May Also Like