China Town Plaza - Phuket
Market-like Shopping Plaza in Patong Beach0
China Town Plaza (Sai Nam Yen Plaza) is a collection of renovated stands and stalls downtown Patong nearby Novotel Phuket Vintage Park Resort and the Royal Paradise Hotel. The renamed mall makes the corner of Rat-U-Thit Road and Sai Nam Yen Road and is a busy place.
Sai Nam Yen Road itself is certainly not Patong’s most appealing quarter as it is run down and rather scruffy but if you’re looking for a cheap meal or even cut-price airline tickets or even a ‘local’ haircut it’s worth a look at. However, the shopping mall adjacent to the road is squeaky clean and everywhere you’ll smell the not unpleasant aroma of fresh paint and concrete as it has had a complete makeover.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
Built in two rows of shops that culminate in a giant Chinese warrior statue, stands and stalls here sell beachwear, of all descriptions, several styles of hats, and souvenirs of Thailand such as textiles, place mats, cushion covers, themed fridge magnets, Thai boxing shorts and paraphernalia.
There are also many choices of flip-flops, colourful towels, fake brand-name bags, copied name jeans, sunglasses, Batman, Superman, and Bart Simpson T-shirts, appealing children’s clothes, beauty products such as body scrubs, coconut and mangosteen oil as well as juices, rolling luggage, and much more such as permanent and temporary tattoos.
A lot of the stall workers at China Town Plaza are from Nepal and Burma so they speak English quite well as they were hired for their language skills, thus making it easy for shoppers to bargain prices down. And bargain you must at Sai Nam Yen Plaza as prices are artificially high (but no higher than its local competitors).
The best time of day to visit this mall is after the sun goes down as, even though inside the stalls is fan cooled, the actual mall walkways are not cooled and rely on breezes.
China Town Plaza
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 – 23:00
- Location: At the corner of Rat-U-Thit and Sai Nam Yen roads