Freedom Boardsports, billed as Southeast Asia’s largest surf shop, has been supplying surf enthusiasts from all over Asia since 1986. The shop provides equipment for all water-related sports, making it a great place for the water-bound to check out while traveling in Phuket. The staff are knowledgeable and all surfers themselves and can advise onthe best spots to surf and when to surf them. They are also a regional distributor for the best known brands, as well as smaller, more niche companies. Freedom Boardsports is located on Chaofa East Road, one of the main streets in Phuket.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
The shop itself is hard to notice from the road, so look for the light blue sign with 'Freedom' in big black letters. Inside the shop there are surfboards everywhere, as well as bodyboards, water skis, wetsuits and paddles. There are also smaller items available, such as, diving fins and masks. Anything not in stock can be ordered and they can post your purchases worldwide if need be. Freedom Boardsports also make custom bags for surfboards bought in store.
- Opening Hours: 08:30 – 17:30
- Location: 39/21-22 Moo 4, Chaofa East Road, Chalong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 637 4259