Attraction in Phuket Town0
Ghostinium Phuket is an exciting animatronics museum, bringing a weird blend of a science fiction future and the prehistoric past to life. Consisting of five main rooms with about 16 large fully-animated exhibits (as well as numerous smaller ones), it provides delight and education for kids and grown-ups alike, as well as a few surprises and jump-scares.
The museum is designed to represent an alien spaceship on a mission to collect rare and unusual creatures from across history and the galaxy, which include a giant room-sized spider, a grumpy Tyrannosaurus Rex, a huge crocodile and what might be the biggest gorilla in the world. It’s a bold claim to make but, given that it’s easily four metres tall when stood fully upright, it’s quite an easy one to believe.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Ao Phang Nga National Park Kayak Adventure
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Introduction to City Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Morning Sino Heritage Walk
- Koh Yao Noi Full-Day Bike Tour
It takes about 30 minutes to progress through the main rooms and the eight smaller connecting rooms of Ghostinium Phuket. You will see a flat-screen television playing an educational overview of what you are watching in each. Presented in Russian, Chinese, English and Thai, you can learn something about animatronics, cybernetics and computing, among other topics. You are learning from a master, too. Vedim Gostev, the man behind Ghostinium, has decades of experience working on animatronics in Hollywood behind him.
Far from your average museum, Ghostinium Phuket is located on the upper floor of the HomeWorks side of Central Festival Phuket, on the outskirts of Phuket Town. Take the escalator upstairs and you should see the dinosaur footprints leading you in the right direction. Tickets cost about 400 baht for adults at the time of writing, but this is a special discount for the first few months since it opened in April 2016. The full price is expected to be around 700 baht for adults and 450 baht for children under 12. The attraction is deemed too scary for children under four years old.
- Opening Hours: Tue – Sun 12:00 – 20:00
- Address: 2nd Floor, Central Festival Phuket East (HomeWorks), Phuket Town
- Tel: +66 (0)95 491 9800
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/ghostiniumphuket
- Price Range: 700 baht for adults, 450 baht for ages 4-12
You May Also Like