Hi.So. Products at Teak Pro Shop
Shopping Just So Hi.So. in Thalang0
Located along Srisoonthorn Road next to Ceramic Kitchens you’ll come across a highly unusual shop.
Hi So is the brainchild of Frenchman Marc Gliede, a French designer who, along with Indonesian and Canadian contributors, makes colourful objets d’art, home accessories, cushions, celadon, bath products, furniture, lamps and lampshades and a whirligig of other products out of feathers, recycled teak and plantation mahogany, bamboo, fiber, resin, MDF, mirror fragments, rattan and water hyacinth.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
This is certainly leagues away from a visit to HomePro or Ikea and just browsing through the shop is a memorable experience.
With its high ceiling and open spaces it has a warehouse-like atmosphere and indeed it shares space with a timber outlet called Teak Pro – an outfit specialising in wooden flooring, frames and doors made to customers’ specifications and this alone is worth visiting if you’re looking for quality Thai teakwood.
In the corner stands a gorgeous rectangular floor lamp covered entirely with sea shells and there are several large attractive shell-framed mirrors in varying designs while high up on the walls hang works of art and paintings by local artists. To put it mildly there is no noticeable organisation to the place (yet) and wandering through, you’ll be constantly surprised by the variety of unusual but very well executed objets d’art, decorations, lamps, furniture and household accessories. There are even robust garden benches and other outdoor furniture items. In fact it wouldn’t be an understatement to say that Hi So is probably the most unique shop on the island.
The shop enjoys plenty of natural light and is a breezy place to explore with several friendly dogs that come out and greet you as you arrive.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 20:00
- Location: 185/9 Moo 7, Srisoonthorn Road, two kilometres from the Two Heroine’s monument heading towards Cherng Talay and Surin Beach
- Tel: 076 272 635 (Thai), 081 090 3100 (English)