Iguana Beach Club is a cool, chilled-out venue located on a tiny exclusive beach between Kalim and Kamala beaches in Phuket. It's named after an iguana-shaped rock, which was spotted by the bar's owners while sunbathing there. The place is beautiful, occupying a 20-metre-long beach, flanked by granite boulders with views out to the Andaman Sea, and to the right, the southern tip of Patong Bay.
Iguana Beach Club has 2 sections – its bar and dining area are separate. Large leather-like cushions and small tables are set up about 1 metre above the sand. There are additional tables installed on small terraces built in the rocks overlooking the sea. Its parking lot can only fit up to 4 cars, so get there early if you're driving to the beach club.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Highlights of Iguana Beach Club
During the day, Iguana Beach Club plays soft R&B to emphasize the serenity of the place. You can enjoy sunbathing on the sunbeds or indulge in a Thai massage. Snorkelling equipment is available for you to discover the colourful marine life along the rocky shore.
The atmosphere totally changes at sundown, between 6pm and 7pm. On certain days, the sky is an outstanding scene with a fading mix of pink, violet and blue. The music beats accelerate slightly as the evening arrives, drawing partygoers to Iguana Beach Club. Twice a month, special parties with DJs rock the place until late.
Food-wise, Iguana Beach Club in Phuket has a short menu of local and international dishes. Standouts include spring rolls, French fries, shrimp wonton soup, crab/shrimp fried rice, and spaghetti carbonara.
The drinks list consists of Thai and International beers, red and white wine, spirits, champagne, and cocktails. Iguana's signature drinks include honey hip (honey and lime without alcohol) and honey deep (vodka, honey and lime).
Iguana Beach Club in Phuket is a cool and intimate venue worth a visit for its out-of-the-way location and tranquillity. If you come to Phuket with a group of friends, it’s an excellent place to enjoy a late afternoon.
Iguana Beach Club Phuket
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 8pm
- Location: Phrabaramee Road, Kalim Beach, Patong, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 415 1615