Jim Thompson is a well-known Thai textile brand, with several branches throughout the country. Thompson, an American businessman who mysteriously disappeared in the Malaysian highlands in 1967, almost singlehandedly resurrected the Thai silk industry after WWII. His legacy, in the form of colourful and high-end silk shops and boutiques, is a must-visit when you're in Thailand.
One of Jim Thompson outlets is located in Central Phuket Floresta. It occupies a large air-conditioned shop on the first floor, with attractive window displays and well-spaced cabinets
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
What to buy at Jim Thompson Store
Besides silk, the Jim Thompson Store offers a wide range of goods. You can find quality linen and cotton wear, as well as knick-knacks for children and furniture. Most shoppers head straight for the ‘new arrivals’ section, there are colourful textile shopping bags, leather wallets, silk scarves, ornamental toy elephants, and handkerchiefs. Next to this section are rows of silk ties, ranging from conservative office wear to casual and creative designs.
Highlights of Jim Thompson Store in Phuket
Popular items for men include linen baggy pants, Irish linen shirts, and fine silk boxer shorts. Several colours of ladies’ kimonos and cotton wraps are available at the next display. The Jim Thompson Store also stocks toddler outfits, as well as several shades of kaftans and wraps. Bags, purses, and accessories for ladies are available as well.
Known for its long-lasting and elegant products, you can find many Jim Thompson outlets throughout Phuket, including the international airport.
Jim Thompson Store in Phuket
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10.30am to 9pm
- Location: 1st floor, Central Phuket Floresta, 199 Moo 4, Tambol Vichit, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 249 616