Kaewjai Bakery in Phuket
Popular Spot for Real Thai Food in Phuket Town0
Kaewjai Bakery and Restaurant in Phuket Town has been serving Phuket people for well over 40 years. Once a mom-and-pop store with no more than a couple of tables, it is now a little bit bigger than the original location and comes across as a lovely neighborhood restaurant.
Enjoy a fair selection of Thai and Thai-Chinese food as well as desserts. The restaurant is usually packed during lunch hour, so be prepared for a wait.Read More
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Ao Phang Nga National Park Kayak Adventure
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Introduction to City Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Morning Sino Heritage Walk
- Koh Yao Noi Full-Day Bike Tour
Kaewjai is a popular spot for real Thai food. It is rather small with an air-conditioned dining area inside and a few more tables outdoors. Some recommendations are khao phad gai (fried rice with chicken), noodle soup, tom yum seafood (spicy and sour soup with seafood), lad-na goong (flat rice noodles with shrimp) and fried mixed vegetables.
They also have a reputation for homemade bakery products such as cupcakes, éclairs and custard cakes. Customers will find a few yummy traditional desserts and snacks too including taro pudding with coconut topping, shredded dried pork bun, zongzi (pyramid-shaped dumplings made by wrapping glutinous rice in bamboo leaves) and patong ko (deep-fried dough sticks). The latter two are popular as light breakfast ingredients as they go well with local-style hot coffee.
A family run restaurant since 1961, Kaewjai is a long-time favourite among locals. It is no secret that some well-to-do local residents often make this place their first stop in the morning before heading off to work. It shows how good Kaewjai is.
This is partly because its prices are very reasonable and it has impressively fast service, too. Expect to pay about 100 -150 baht per person if order A) a soup/salad, a main dish and a drink or B) a main dish, a dessert and a drink.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 07:00 to about 16:00 but most of the sweet items are usually sold out before then
- Location: on Soi Phang Nga 4, not far from Royal Phuket City Hotel and the original Phuket Bus Station
- Cuisine: Thai and patisserie/bakery
You May Also LikeRate This Place: ( votes)