Kalim Beach in Phuket
A Beach with Local Touches Just North of Patong
Kalim Beach is located just north of Patong Beach and, unlike its famous neighbour, still retains some of its local Thai touches. A concrete parking and vendor space at its southern end in front of the local school cuts the beach into two parts and hosts a popular small street food market with half-a-dozen stands selling mataba, noodle soup, roti, Thai ice-creams and other delicacies, as well as soft drinks.
Kalim Beach itself is pretty rocky and not very attractive for swimmers, even though some snorkelling is possible at high tide. The highlight of the beach is surfing in low season. Kalim is considered one of the best surfing spots in Phuket, and some competitions – such as the Quiksilver Thailand Competition in 2012 – are held there. Another activity at Kalim, albeit up the road on the hillside this time, is the exhilarating Zorbing at Rollerball.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Ao Phang Nga National Park Kayak Adventure
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Introduction to City Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Morning Sino Heritage Walk
- Koh Yao Noi Full-Day Bike Tour