Kata Night Market is a covered shopping area with a very large food court and a selection of mostly tourist-oriented stalls. Found on Kata New Road, it is impossible to miss the giant gorilla and Hulk statues by the entrances. Indeed, it should not be missed as you will find plenty of good savings on meals and souvenirs.
Not to be confused with the modest selection of stalls which appear on Soi Malisa every Monday and Thursday, this is a permanent structure made from three large domed pavilions. The one on the right, by the gorilla statue, is a large food court with a bar in front, while the other two house a selection of normal market stalls.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
As you would expect, most of the food available at Kata Night Market is Thai, with a lot of seafood offerings. Prices are very reasonable and the whole centre of the food court is seat and tables where you can enjoy your chosen dishes. There are passages between the three pavilions, making it possible to explore the entire market without coming out from under cover, making it easy to enjoy even on a rainy evening.
The main market contains fairly typical wares, including herbal treatments, t-shirts, bags, flip-flops, souvenirs, swimwear, beach toys and some artworks. The market is not noted for its unique goods or designs, and the prices, while good (particularly if you haggle a bit), are not unusually low.
With its high ceilings and spacious layout, Kata Night Market is one of the cooler and airier markets in Phuket, making it comfortable to explore even on quite a stuffy, humid night. Sadly, its limited size means that looking around will not take you particularly long. If you are looking for some good bargains on souvenirs in Kata, though, it’s probably the best option and well worth a visit.
Kata Night Market
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – late daily
- Location: Kata New Road, Kata