Under the Shade of the Evergreen Canopy0
Mention Kathu Waterfall to many visitors to Phuket and they will instantly conjure up mental images of hundreds of feet of water freefalling perpendicularly into a massive pool. Kathu Waterfall is nothing like this; rather it’s a series of drop pools that sometimes are gushing with rainwater and sometimes not.
One thing is for sure, though: If you want to get to the very top of Kathu Waterfall expect a hard climb. Luckily, most of the way up comprises stairs and is shaded so you can stop and take rests at will. The best time to go is from June to November when there is plenty of monsoon water but it’s advisable not to go when it’s actually raining as things can get rather slippery underfoot. Right at the top there’s a pool in which you can take a dip and there are ‘drop pools’ stationed along the way up to cool off in.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
At the bottom there are plenty of places to snack and buy water – essential if you’re planning to make it to the top. The beauty of it all is that Kathu Waterfall is as hard or as easy as you want it to be: If you’re with little ones then take it easy and go halfway up to the drop pool for a dip or if you like a challenge go the whole hog. But just remember to take drinking water. Nearby attractions are Palazzo – a dinner show – and Flying Hanuman – where you can zip through the jungle imitating a flying fox.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Location: Turn left at the traffic lights by the Caltex Gas Station onto Route 4020 (if coming from Patong) and continue for one kilometre until you see a black marble sign for the waterfall. Turn left again onto 'Thanon Namtokkathu' Kathu Waterfall, Street.