Kathu District in Phuket
Discover the Smallest District of Phuket
Kathu is the smallest of the three districts that make up Phuket. It covers the central part of the island from the west of Phuket Town to Patong and Kamala Beaches. The old village of Kathu is located roughly mid way between Patong Beach and Phuket Town and comes across as a small, communal town markedly less commercial than most areas on the island. It is home to a handful attractions and recreations such as Kathu Waterfall (great in rainy season), Loch Palm and Red Mountain Golf Clubs, Phuket Country Club and Phuket Wake Park (Formerly Phuket Cable Ski).
A nice way to enjoy Kathu and mingle with the locals is to visit its fresh markets that have just about everything on the offer, from food to clothes and household items. There are a few Buddhist monasteries in Kathu including Wat Kathu and the Kathu Chinese Shrine is the most important religious site for villagers as it’s where the famous Phuket Vegetarian Festival originated from.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Ao Phang Nga National Park Kayak Adventure
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Introduction to City Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Morning Sino Heritage Walk
- Koh Yao Noi Full-Day Bike Tour