Khao Rang Viewpoint – sometimes called Rang Hill Viewpoint– is among the most famous of the many viewpoints around Phuket. The charming location offers unrivalled views to the south, right across the island’s main city and all the way to the Big Buddha, atop the hills in the distance. Some of the small, verdant islands off Phuket’s east coast are also visible.
The viewpoint itself is marked with a beautiful open pagoda, which leads out to a large viewing platform at the edge of the hilltop, with guardrails for safety. The whole area is surrounded by landscaped gardens and mature rubber trees, making it a very peaceful and natural spot. There is also a modest selection of cafés nearby, which take full advantage of the fantastic view.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
The actual view from Khao Rang Viewpoint is mostly south and east, with the hills forming the spine of Phuket forming a border to your right (west). Directly ahead of you, you will see some of the older streets of Phuket Town, which stretches out towards Chalong Bay at the horizon. The Panwa peninsula stretches down along the left of your view and Koh Lon is just visible in the distance.
A pleasant and peaceful spot, with a number of other attractions on the drive up to it, the Khao Rang Viewpoint is equally popular with tourists and sightseers as well as locals looking for a nice place for a picnic.
Khao Rang Viewpoint
- Location: Phuket Town