Khun Jeed’s Rad-Na Yod Pak in Phuket
A Popular Dish in Phuket Town0
Rad-na or kwit-teow rad-na is a Thai-style wide rice-noodle dish with meat and vegetables in a gravy-like sauce: Thai fast food, if you want. At Khun Jeed’s Rad-Na Yod Pak in Phuket Town, you can enjoy this popular dish with pork or seafood. Other popular items here are pork and chicken satays.
The restaurant is on Phang Nga Road, in the heart of Phuket Town on the same side of the road as the vintage On On Hotel and diagonally opposite the Bangkok and Kasikorn banks. Though it’s a simple shop-house just like the others in the same area, you can easily spot it because of its bright yellow exterior.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
Rad-na is the main food at Khun Jeed’s. To order it, indicate your preferred choice of noodles and then the topping. There are a few different types of noodles to choose from including the wide rice-noodles (must try), rice vermicelli and crispy yellow noodles. Their selection of toppings varies from marinated pork and shrimp to squid as well as crisp fried sea bass and egg. You can also ask for a combo and enjoy everything at once.
A plate of rad-na might not keep you going for long so also try the pork and/or chicken satay. Satay is strips of marinated meat grilled on skewers served with peanut sauce and a side dish consisting of cucumber slices, onions and chilli in vinegar. It is one of Southeast Asia’s favourite snacks.
Other items you can order from their kitchen are fried rice with seafood and pad si ew (or stir-fried noodles in sweet soy sauce.) For beverages, the list includes iced tea, iced coffee, sugarcane juice, coconut water and soda drinks.
This diner may appear to you just like an average local venue you will find around the island and the pricing is also typical. What helps make Khun Jeed more popular than most other places is of course the food. Having been devoted to little else but rad-na noodles for almost two decades, they must have got a thing or two right by now, and locals obviously agree.
Customers may not receive top-notch service here, especially during lunch hour and if you haven’t got your order after 10 minutes, then grab their attention again. But do allow longer waiting time during the Thai lunch hour that is between 12:00 – 13:00 as the place is usually packed. Or even better, avoid this period and go earlier or later.
Khun Jeed's Rad-Na Yod Pak
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 20:30, closed on Wednesday
- Location: Phang Nga Road, under the Mung Pheng Hotel, not far from On On Hotel and Kasikorn Bank .
- Tel: +66 (0)84 1875 737
- Price Range: The bill usually comes around at 100 - 150 baht per person. If you have only a dish and a drink, the cost is definitely less than 100 baht. A rad-na dish is priced from 30 to about 55 baht, depending on your choices of topping, while satay costs about five baht per stick.