Layan Beach Photo Gallery
Phuket Beach Guide0
Layan Beach is the name of the northern end of Bangtao Beach on the west coast of Phuket. Unlike the majority of Phuket’s west coast beaches, it is still a very tranquil area, where you can lie and relax under the shade of the tall pine trees bordering the beach.
Most people who visit this superb beach are Thai and expats and it all looks the same as it used to 20 years ago. The sea is pretty calm here due to the fact that the beach is sheltered by Koh Kala, a small island located at its northern part.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
There’s a restaurant and a few beach chairs at the beginning of the beach. The restaurant serves good and fair-priced Thai and Western basic food and is a nice place to enjoy lunch or a sundowner. Behind the beach you find a small pier with long-tail and fishing boats along a small river leading to a lagoon situated north of Koh Kala. Here, you can rent a sea kayak at the restaurant and go around Koh Kala and the lagoon.
The pier also has a Sea Rescue centre and a few small shops where you can find some Thai snacks, fruits and drinks. Besides the pier, on the road flanking the beach there’s a toilet/shower booth in which you can clean up before to drive back to your hotel.
Far from the crowds, Layan Beach is still a small easily accessible Phuket paradise. Tree-fringed beaches such as Layan are very popular with local people as they offer cooling shelter from the sun.
Koh Kala is easy to explore and will make you feel like a real Robinson Crusoe, plus it is only separated from the mainland by a few metres. The lagoon north of the beach is very beautiful and there’s not much development yet in the area, only a few villas and properties.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Location: Northern end of Bangtao Beach
- How to get there: The easiest way to get there is to pass through Laguna Complex and follow the small road along the coast heading north.