Loma Park is a large public playground located just north of Patong Beach mid-section. The park covers a total area of about 14,000 m2, and offers a refreshing place to escape from the sun, under the shade of tall coconut and casuarina trees. Loma means dolphin in Thai, which is why dolphins statues decorate the park.
Loma Public Park is a multi-purpose ground. Most of the large events held in Patong – Phuket Bike Week, Phuket Gay Pride, music festivals and official ceremonies such as Thailand’s National Day and Children’s Day are held in Loma Park.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Loma Park Highlights
Loma Park is a very kid-friendly area. You find here a children's recreation zone that features toboggans, swings and other outdoor playground toys on which children can climb and have fun under the supervision of their parents. Loma Park also hosts a small fitness park.
The park’s ground features large patches of sand framed by cement paths. Many locals and tourists set their towel or beach mat on the sand for the day, and picnic here at lunch time. Note that you need to come early if you want to get a place offering a clear view on the beach: it’s a great people-watching spot.
You can get food from the stalls of the many pushcart vendors that operate on Patong beachfront. Besides the excellent and renowned Thai street food, there’s a good choice of restaurants and bars at hand in the immediate vicinity of Loma Park.
You can also enjoy a relaxing beach massage at Loma Park, these massages are usually charged around 300 baht per hour.
Photos of Loma Park
Recommended Hotel Nearby
Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
When you stay at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central in Patong, you'll be in a shopping district and minutes from Patong Beach and Bangla Road.Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services.Planning an event in Patong?This hotel features 441 square feet (41 square meters) of event facilities.A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 24/7
- Location: On Patong beachfront, just north of the intersection between Sawatdirak Road and Thaweewong Road (Patong Beach Road)