The Mai Khao Marine Turtle Foundation is actually part of the wider JW Marriott Resort in Phuket and sits on Mai Khao Beach. The foundation was started in order to protect the nesting turtles in the area as well as to promote clean seas and beaches on the island.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
The foundation is located within the grounds of the JW Marriott Resort in Phuket, but you do not have to be a guest of the hotel in order to visit. There are information sessions held daily here from Monday to Friday at 11:00 to 12:00. At one of the sessions, you will be able to learn all about how the foundation started as well as hear the story of the turtle population in Phuket. The emphasis here is on educating the public on how to sustain the delicate ecosystems that the turtles live in and promote their protection.
There is also a feeding session where you will get the chance to see some of the resident turtles who live at the foundation and who have disabilities which mean that they would not thrive in the wild. The sessions are free to hotel guests and the general public, although donations are appreciated and all proceeds go towards to wellbeing of the turtles.
Mai Khao Marine Turtle Foundation
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 17:00
- Address: JW Marriott Phuket 231 Moo3, Mai Khao
- Tel: +66 (0)7 633 8040