The Mai Khao Marine Turtle Foundation is part of the wider JW Marriott Resort in Phuket and sits on Mai Khao Beach. The foundation was started to protect the nesting turtles in the area as well as to promote clean seas and beaches on the island.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
You do not have to be a guest at the hotel in order to visit the turtle sanctuary. There are hour-long information sessions held daily here from Monday to Friday at 11am. At one of the sessions, you'll be able to learn all about how the foundation started as well as hear the story of the turtle population in Phuket. The emphasis here is on educating the public on how to sustain the delicate ecosystems that the turtles live in and promote their protection.
There is also a feeding session where you'll get the chance to see some of the resident turtles who live at the foundation and who have disabilities that mean they would not thrive in the wild. The sessions are free to hotel guests and the general public, although donations are appreciated and all proceeds go towards to wellbeing of the turtles.
Mai Khao Marine Turtle Foundation
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 5pm
- Location: JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, 231 Moo 3, Mai Khao, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 338 040 Ext. 3309