Malin Plaza Patong offers fair prices and an impressive range of souvenirs in Phuket. It's just as bustling as most of the island's markets, but in a cooler environment and with cheaper food available around it.
Some of the things you can buy at Malin Plaza Patong include T-shirts, denim, beachwear, bags, luggage, spa products, mobile phone accessories, and a good range of trinkets and souvenirs. Some of the shirt designs at Malin Plaza Patong are quite unique. Very few local markets in Phuket have a tailorshop, making this a good place to visit if you want something a little bit different.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Highlights of Malin Plaza Patong
The main part of Malin Plaza Patong is protected from the elements under a high metal roof. The semi-permanent shops inside the market occupy former shipping containers. They are well spaced, ensuring that the air remains cool and refreshing – some shops go 1 step further by installing windows, doors, and air conditioning. The prices are maybe a touch higher than you might find in other Phuket markets, but you can still haggle down to an agreeable level.
The highlight of the market is the impressive array of food stands in front of the roofed space. You can find just about anything, from Thai street food, fried chicken and chips to crepes,ice cream, sushi, 90-baht cocktails and fresh fruit. The food throughout the market is very good and cheap for Patong.
Good to know about Malin Plaza Patong
Malin Plaza Patong is a good place for newcomers looking to experience Thai street food at great prices and shop for quality souvenir in Phuket. It's located on the side of the southernmost main road in Patong, between the exits for Rat-U-Thit Road and Sai Kor Road – the market's glowing blue sign is rather impossible to miss.
Malin Plaza Patong
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to midnight
- Location: Prachanukhro Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)93 323 0333