Micky Monkey Beach is a cool located right on Mai Khao beachfront, on the northwest coast of Phuket. Settled in a large park partially wooden, it hosts a dozen of rustic yet comfortable bungalows, a sushi bar, and a bamboo and thatch restaurant artistically decorated.
The restaurant sits in an open-sided one-storey building offering views to a patch of land made of sand and short grass with a few tall trees fringing Mai Khao Beach. A few tables are available on a terrace right in front of the building, and under the trees on the beachfront, offering a great sundowner spot.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Micky Monkey Beach Highlights
Mai Khao is the longest and one of the less developed beaches of Phuket. This 11-kilometre-long strip of sand features only a handful of hotels, most of them upmarket. Micky Monkey Beach is one of the rare affordable establishments on Mai Khao beachfront. Located right next to the Renaissance Phuket Resort, it brings to Mai Khao a touch of eccentricity with its unpretentious design and its cool reggae bar-like atmosphere.
Micky Monkey Beach Restaurant
Food-wise, you’ll find almost everything in the 12 illustrated pages menu handled to you by the young sympathetic waitresses who take care of the restaurant. From classic beach clubs’ fares such as hamburgers, club sandwiches and salads to fresh seafood prepared Thai style to mouth-watering sushi and sashimi (available only in the evening), even the pickiest patrons can find here something for their taste. Food rates remain reasonable for a beachside diner; most dishes are priced around 200 baht.
Pick a beachfront table right before sunset, choose a cocktail (most of them are rated at 150 baht), and enjoy the plenitude of the last minutes before nightfall, gently rocked by the sound of the waves licking the sand right in front of Micky Monkey Beach Bar and Restaurant… Ain’t life beautiful?
Micky Monkey Beach Photos
More to discover in this hotel! Take a look...
Micky Monkey Beach
- Opening Hours: The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Location: just south of the Renaissance Phuket Resort on Mai Khao Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)81 331 8666, +66 (0)92 532 9004