Narry & Chandan Bespoke Tailors is almost an institution in Phuket’s hectic tailoring world. The first Narry Tailor shop was established in Bangkok in 1977, and then made its way to Phuket's shores 22 years later when the long-established, father-and-son operation opened in Patong in 1999. This successful Delhiite family-business offers high quality bespoke tailoring hand-sewn by extremely competent collaborators.
Located towards the end of Soi Sea Beach - aka Soi Silla, referring to the overwhelming signage set around the tunnel-like entrance of this tiny lane off Patong Beach Road – Narry & Chandan Bespoke Tailors also features a more convenient entrance way through iCheck Inn Patong hotel on Soi Wattana.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
1. How long does it take you to tailor a shirt/suit and how many fittings do you recommend to your clients?
It takes 2-3 days. We usually recommend two fittings to clients. The customer comes on the first day, gets their measurements taken and chooses their fabric. The customer comes for the first fitting the next day or the day after and, if there are adjustments to be made, we get them done. The day after that, the customer comes and tries it again. If there are any further adjustments then we can do them within a few hours or, if there no adjustments, they can take the finished product with them.
2. If someone is in a real rush, how quickly can you tailor a shirt/suit?
The fastest we have tailored a suit and shirt is 24 hours.
3. Please provide a list of basic prices: shirt price range, suit price range, combo package.
Shirt Price: 1,200 to 2,400 baht
Suit Price: 6,000 to 15,000 baht
Combo package 1: 2 suits, 2 shirts and 2 ties: 25,000 baht (standard quality material)
Combo Package 2: 2 suits, 2 shirts and 2 ties: 30,000baht (medium quality)
Combo Package 3: 2 suits, 2 shirts and 2 ties: 40,000baht (highest quality)
4. Do you travel to other countries to meet customers or can you keep measurements and send work overseas?
We do both. We travel overseas as well as do orders via email the measurements on file. We correlate all specifications with them and ship it to them overseas. Now we have a 3D online shop where customers can customise their clothing and shop easy and efficiently.
5. What assurances do you offer for customers who order online or from overseas? Do you offer some kind of discounts for returning customers or big orders?
We are one of the few tailors that actually offer assurances. We give the customers two options: If there is some slight alteration to be made and they can do it locally, they can do that and send us the invoice and we will reimburse them for the alteration cost. Second, if a major alteration is needed, they can send the garment back to us by local post and we will fix it and include a free shirt for their inconvenience and send it back to them.
6. Does Narry Tailor have any special techniques or features that make it stand out from the crowd?
We have 36 years of experience in the tailoring industry. Our customer support is quick, reliable, and available from Monday to Sunday. We can walk you through each step of self-measuring to make the perfect tailor made garment. We offer professional results at reasonable prices. We have received many positive reviews from our previous customers about our quality workmanship, fabrics and prompt delivery. You can choose from over 100 fabrics and customise your tailor-made two-piece suit, three-piece suit, trousers, shirt, and waistcoat. Our 3D online designer allows you to customise your garments with ease. We provide status updates throughout your order and tracking information once it’s dispatched.
7. How does the quality of tailoring in Phuket compare to Bangkok?
We use the same standard and quality control procedures in both our branches.
8. What changes have you seen in men's tailoring in the last 30 years?
The styles have definitely changed. Before, the double-breasted suits use to be in fashion, but 95 per cent of men now come in and ask for single-breast, two-button suits. The vents at the back of the suit jacket are always changing. Sometimes it’s two vents and sometimes no vents. The one-vents are mostly for business professionals.
9. How can you tell which tailors are offering quality and which are trying to take advantage of people?
The tailors that promises you that their suit will be the best without a trial or fitting are usually the ones trying to take advantage of people. The tailors that are selling for dirt cheap prices are usually using very low quality materials and unprofessional workmanship.
10. How can people find Narry Tailor?
The easiest way to locate the three exclusive showrooms of Narry Bespoke Tailors is to visit the website (www.narry.com) and click the ‘Contact Us’ tab. On that page, there are Google maps linked to the stores as well as contact numbers which you can call for a free pick-up service from your hotel.
More Photos of Narry & Chandan Bespoke Tailors
Narry & Chandan Bespoke Tailors
- Opening Hours: From 09:00 – 21:00
- Location: on the ground floor of iCheck Inn Patong on Soi Wattana
- Tel: 081 374 0046 (Mr. Narry), 081 987 2008 (Mr. Chad), 081 919 2533 (Mrs. Jasmine)
- Website: http://www.narry.com