Panwa Viewpoint (Khao Khad Views Tower)
360-degree Views Out over Southern and Eastern Phuket0
Panwa Viewpoint (also known as Khao Khad Views Tower) has full 360-degree views out over southern and eastern Phuket. Located on the way out to Cape Panwa, it’s not a busy spot like Cape Promthep or Big Buddha but is every bit as spectacular. There is ample parking here as well as cafés and shops. The stairs are a bit of a climb but it's more than worth it once you're at the top as the views of Southern Phuket are immensely rewarding.
A two-level view tower (the top floor is best) features eight photo key maps in both Thai and English so you will know what you are gazing at, although they do portray Sirey Island in two different locations!Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
Chalong Bay lies below to the south, Makham Bay, Cape Panwa and Phuket's deep water port to the east, Phuket Town to the north and over in the distance you can see the Big Buddha sitting serenely atop Ko Nakkerd - a view that looks exotic in any kind of weather.
So it's no wonder that they call this wonderful place Khao Khad View(s) Tower as there are so many things to see here. Like at the Big Buddha viewpoint, it's easy to see from here where the island's open-cast tin mines were located in times past and how they have filled in with rainwater, some now serving the municipality as water sources. Down the hill, overlooking Khao Khad Beach, there is a restaurant modestly called Best Food Good View where you can drink a beer and take in the views over Chalong Bay.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- How to get there: Head towards Cape Panwa along Sakdidet Road. After about three kilometres there is signage on the right-hand side of the road for Khao Khad Views Tower