Panwa Viewpoint, also known as Khao Khad Views Tower, offers full 360° views out over southern and eastern Phuket. Located on the way out to Cape Panwa, it’s not a busy spot like Cape Promthep or Big Buddha but is every bit as spectacular. There is ample parking here as well as cafés and shops. The stairs are a bit of a climb but it's more than worth it once you're at the top as the views of Southern Phuket are immensely rewarding.
A 2-level view tower (the top floor is best) features 8 photo keymaps in both Thai and English so you’ll know what you’re gazing at – even though they do portray Sirey Island in 2 different locations.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Chalong Bay lies below to the south. Makham Bay, Cape Panwa and Phuket's deepwater port is to the east, Phuket Town to the north and over in the distance you can see the Big Buddha sitting serenely atop Ko Nakkerd – a view that looks exotic in any kind of weather.
It's no wonder they call this wonderful place Khao Khad View(s) Tower as there are so many things to see here. Like at the Big Buddha viewpoint, it's easy to see from here where the island's open-cast tin mines were located in the old days and how they’ve filled in with rainwater – some now serving the municipality as water sources.
To get to the viewpoint, head towards Cape Panwa along Sakdidet Road. After about 3 km, there’s signage on the right-hand side of the road for Khao Khad Views Tower.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6am to 7pm
- Location: Wichit, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand