5 Great Thai Restaurants in Patong Beach
Thai Quality Dining in Patong
Dining out in Patong can at first seem somewhat confusing as the sheer number and scope of restaurants in town is formidable and imposing to newcomers and people unfamiliar with the area. However, the mist begins to clear after you realise that the dining scene can be broken down into separate recognisable components. Of course, if you’re after comfort food you’ll get it in the big-name burger outlets and pubs but if you’re hungry for something a little more specialised you’ll have to dig a little deeper.
Here are some of the best Thai restaurants in Patong, ranging from the expensive to decidedly inexpensive; places that put their best foot forward when it comes to quality dining and good service.Read More
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Many people like to compare Pan Yaah with Baan Rim Pa and yes, both restaurants straddle the rocks by the sea and have wonderful views out over Patong Bay but Pan Yaah is more of a down-home experience serving mostly seafood dishes in a friendly rather than formal atmosphere. Good for romantic evening dining. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 – 23:00
- Address: 249 Prabaramee Road (Beach Road) Kalim
- Tel: 076 290 450
Gaab Kluay serves Thai dishes in an unpretentious setting, preferring to aim for midrange dishes rather than Royal Thai cuisine. The restaurant distinguishes itself in that the food is spanking fresh and the prices are reasonable, which of course means that you can splurge out a little and order multiple dishes, Thai-style. Read More...
- Opening Hours: lunch and dinner
- Address: 58/3 Phrabarami Rd. Patong
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 340 562
The strange name aside, Sea Hag is a little Patong legend in that it is openly gay and run by the extravert Khun Kenya, a charming host if there ever was one. Expect Thai dishes served in a two-storey (yet compact) setup along with sumptuous upstairs décor and with informal and friendly service. This is a real Patong experience. Read More...
- Address: 78/5 Permpong Soi III (Soi Wattana Clinic) Thaweewong Rd., Patong
- Tel: 076 341 111
A simple, no-fuss eatery a short walk from the beach, No. 9 has an impressive menu of inexpensive Thai and international cuisine, making it as popular with tourists as it is with locals – so much so that it can be a challenge to find a seat after 18:00! The staff are friendly and welcoming, serving up such delights as Penang curry and Tom Kha Gai, along with great examples of all the top tourist favourites and an impressive choice of seafood. A second No. 9 has opened further up the road, close to the entrance of Rat-U-Thit Road, and is under the same management, with the same great food. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 13:00 – 22:00
- Address: 209 Prabaramee Road, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 634 1575
Essentially a themed restaurant named after a puppet show-dining experience in Bangkok, Joe Louis serves traditional Thai dishes with panache in a regal and theatrical setting complete with staff members kitted out in old Siam style. All the Thai favourites are here – phad thai, fried rice, and massaman curry, but the restaurant specialises in seafood so make sure you try out that side of the menu.
Accurately described as 'modern Thai', the fare at Lim's is deliciously fresh, skilfully presented and the perfect complement to an extremely attractive eatery. Duck breast salad is perfectly yielding with natural local herbs while the grilled sticks of chicken with papaya salad are exemplary in their tenderness. The fried tofu with peanut sauce is remarkably soft while green chicken curry fairly bounces with freshness. But the star of the evening is deep-fried sea bass with green mango salad; its juicy and wholesome filets almost a meal in itself. This is great stuff and well worth sampling. Read More...
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: Daily - 18:30 – 23:00 - From beginning of May to end of October, closed on Sundays.
- Location: At Jungceylon, Silang Boulevard Zone
- Address: 28 Phrabaramee Road, Soi 7, Kalim Beach, Phuket, 83150
- Tel: +66 (0)76 344 834