Peranakan Phuket Museum offers you the chance to learn and absorb the history of Phuket through gorgeous architectural surroundings. This museum in the Thalang area is progressively becoming one of the island's top attractions and is a great alternative for people wanting to soak up the culture while looking for an alternative way to cool off during the hot summer months.
As the museum is quite small, it doesn't take long to walk around. Even so, there are plenty of interesting things to see and do, like dressing up in the costumes of the past at the photo studio connected to the Museum. The beautiful Yaya Kitchen restaurant and the stylish Café Pinana both provide refreshments and a great way to end a day well spent in Phuket.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
What to see and do at Peranakan Phuket Museum
The first room explains the beginning of the Peranakan and where they came from. The second room has information about the Sino-colonial architectural style that is prevalent in Phuket. The way people designed their houses was based on their cultural beliefs and the building’s function.
The third room of Peranakan Phuket Museum shows the interior design of the rooms, starting with the entrance, the living room, the kitchen, bedroom and the common area. Some of the decorations are original and some are reproduced from old photographs. The museum not only shows how the kitchen was set up but also has monitor screens showing recipes and cooking methods. All the rooms vividly display how folks lived in the past.
Check out this great hotel nearby
The Kiri Villas Resort
Located in Thep Kasattri, The Kiri Villas Resort is within a 15-minute drive of Surin Beach and Kamala Beach.Featured amenities include a computer station, dry cleaning/laundry services, and luggage storage.A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free valet parking is available onsite. Read More...
Peranakan Phuket Museum
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 6pm
- Location: 124/1 Moo 1, Sri Soonthorn, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 313 556