Beachfront restaurants in Phuket are the icing on the cake of a successful exotic holiday: is there a better way to spend a late afternoon and evening than comfortably installed in front of the sea while sampling excellent food and wine in good company? There is a good choice of beachside dining options in Phuket, most of them established in the grounds of popular resorts.
Check out our selection of the best restaurants on Phuket beaches. A dinner at one of them could be the climax of your holiday on the ‘pearl of the Andaman Sea,’ as all of them provide their guests with refined settings and atmosphere, delicious food, and excellent wine labels.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
The Boathouse Restaurant is the long-established signature restaurant of the iconic Boathouse by Montara hotel. Located towards the southern end of Kata Beach, it is a stylish venue featuring a nautical theme, serving top-notch French cuisine with an Asian twist, and hosting a renowned wine cellar (some say among the best in Thailand). Classy and elegant, try to come for sunset as the vista from Boathouse over Kata Bay can be truly stunning. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6.30am to midnight
- Location: 182 Koktanode Road, Kata Beach, Phuket, 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 330 015
La Gritta Italian Restaurant is the flagship dining venue of the elegant 4-star Amari Phuket resort at the southern end of Patong Beach. The restaurant boasts sophisticated design and has 3 main areas set on 2 levels: a lounge terrace upstairs, and indoor and outdoor dining areas downstairs.
Overlooking Patong Bay, the restaurant serves a choice of classic Italian dishes. The wine selection available at La Gritta could also satisfy the pickiest wine connoisseur. Dining under the stars at La Gritta should be on the bucket-list of every gourmet passing by Patong Beach. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to midnight
- Location: 2 Muen-ngern Road, Kathu, Patong, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 340 112
Dream Beach Club is a stylish, laid-back place to relax and party right on Layan Beach. Part of the world-renowned Dream brand from New York City, it is one of very few clubs in Phuket that is right by the sand. The beach club is also one of the largest clubs of its kind in the whole of Thailand, featuring 2 swimming pools, 4 bars and over a hundred comfortable sun loungers.
At the very northern extreme of Bangtao Beach, Dream Beach Club targets the party crowd but the atmosphere it offers is much more relaxed. The music selection played by the resident DJ – who is positioned above the swim-up bar in one of the pools – is mostly smooth R&B, jazz and chill-out tracks. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 11am–10pm, Sundays from midday to 10pm
- Location: Layan Beach, Soi 2, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)98 048 3500
Old Siam Restaurant within the grounds of Thavorn Beach Village is settled by the beach and offers indoor and outdoor dining options. The outdoor settings are a favourite as it is one of the few venues in Phuket where you can still dine with your toes in the sand.
Serving top-notch Royal Thai cuisine from all over Thailand, the food is as impressive as the settings. The perfect outlet for a romantic dinner, Old Siam Restaurant should not be missed if you fancy sampling genuine Thai cuisine in an idyllic environment. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 11pm
- Location: Thavorn Beach Village, Nakalay Bay, Kamala, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)63 064 0661
Casuarina Beach Restaurant & Pub at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket is set right on Bangtao Beach and offers stunning settings illuminated by the sun disappearing behind the horizon. The fine beachfront venue offers gastronomic international delights and top-of-the-range old and new world wine labels.
Featuring an indoor dining option – mostly reserved only for rainy days – the restaurant’s main dining place is right on the beach, under the stars, in the warm tropical climate refreshed by the gentle breeze from the sea. Dining at Casuarina is a memorable experience as the restaurant stylishly follows the recipe of any successful outlet: outstanding natural décor, mouthwatering cuisine, and peaceful atmosphere. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from midday to 11pm
- Location: Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Resort, 390 Moo1 Srisoontorn Road, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket 83110
- Tel: +66 (0)7636 2999