Some of the best halal restaurants in Phuket are found in Patong Beach, which has a big and bustling Arabic quarter south of Bangla Road. While it can be challenging for Muslim travellers to find restaurants that cater to their dietary needs, it's quite easy to do so in the southern part of Thailand, which has a sizable Muslim community.
The island of Phuket has at least 50 mosques, many of which are surrounded by halal restaurants. These eateries are clearly marked with a green symbol to show their credentials, so you won't need to keep coming back to 1 place just to enjoy halal dining in Phuket.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Bang Mud Seafood Floating RestaurantCoconut Island
Bang Mud Seafood is a part of a group of floating restaurants in Phuket. It has a rustic, rough-and-ready look, with local dishes that are simple yet very tasty. The cuisine is halal Thai – must-tries include tom yum, fried soft shell crab, and garlic chicken. You can be assured of the seafood's freshness as you can see it being caught around you. The restaurant is on a moored collection of floating pontoons about 700 metres from Laem Hin and 150 metres from Coconut Island. You can get there via a 5-minute longtail boat ride from Laem Hin Beach.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm
- Location: 73 Laem Hin Road, Ko Maprao, Phuket Town, Phuket, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 273 2367
Anwa YentofaPuket Town
Anwa Yentofa in Phuket Town has a bright and colourful style, both in its décor and dishes. The modern-style halal restaurant specialises in freshly-made fish balls in noodle soup, with the hot-and-sour or hot-and-spicy soups being particularly popular. A lot of their dishes are better shared than attempted individually, thanks to generous portions. You can also enjoy chicken, fish and beef steaks and Singapore-style chicken rice at very good prices.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 5pm
- Location: 154/8 Phang Nga Rd, Talat Yai, Phuket Town, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 945 0717
Kusuma Halal Thai SeafoodPatong Beach
Kusuma Halal Thai Seafood serves a mix of halal Thai and Malaysian seafood dishes in Patong. This relatively humble little eatery is well-known for its Thai curries, tom yum, prawns, mussels, seabass and lobster, with strong flavours showing off the freshness of the ingredients. The portions are quite generous, the prices are low, and the staff and owners are very friendly.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 1am
- Location: 104 Rat-Uthit 200 Pee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket, 83150 Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)83 596 0885
Casa Blanca Restaurant PhuketPatong Beach
Casa Blanca Restaurant Phuket at the Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa specialises in authentic Indian and Arabian cuisine. The indoor dining area has warm colours and intricate mosaics. Located by the side of the hotel’s pool, its outdoor seating is just as appealing, giving the place a comfortable and casual atmosphere. Surprisingly, this certified halal eatery has a wine list, but you can only collect the bottles from the lobby bar. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8am to 2am
- Location: 34/6 Prachanukhro Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)82 284 6751
Kataturk Turkish RestaurantKata Beach
Kataturk Chalong is an authentic Turkish restaurant that's known for its welcoming environment and excellent halal dishes. Those who aren’t familiar with the cuisine might have a little difficulty deciphering the menu, but the staff will be able to help you out. A must-try is the beef in tomato stew wrapped inside a pastry, served with homemade yoghurt and rice. You can also find a selection of Thai favourites at Kataturk Chalong.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12pm to 11pm
- Location: 45/33 Soi Khoktanod, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83130, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)64 926 6600
Marina Kitchen PhuketPhuket Town
Marina Kitchen Phuket is a chic boutique restaurant offering a great lake view, indoor and outdoor seating, and a variety of halal Thai dishes. The dishes have all the authentic tastes of Thailand, but with a slightly reduced level of chilli, making them great for travellers with a rather low tolerance for spice. Standouts include the mango salad, Thai-style omelette, and deep-fried seabass, which are best paired with steamed rice.
- Opening Hours: Thursday–Tuesday from 7am to 4pm (closed on Wednesdays)
- Location: 5/3 Moo 4, Koh Keaw, Phuket Town, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)87 280 9343
Makan Buffet Halal RestaurantMai Khao Beach
Makan Buffet Halal Food Phuket is a chic western restaurant where you can enjoy an extensive buffet spread, all halal in their preparation and ingredients. It has an open-air setting, with a gentle breeze keeping you cool throughout your visit. Recommended dishes include Hainanese chicken rice, shrimp dumplings, and satay.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 4pm to 10.30pm
- Location: 15/130 Village No. 1, Wichit Songkram Road, Kathu, Phuket 83120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)88 752 7617
Cairo RestaurantPatong Beach
There are 2 Cairo Restaurants in Patong – the larger of the two being on Rat-U-Thit Road while the smaller one is by the beach. You can enjoy a lively Egyptian atmosphere and good mix of Thai, Indian and Arabic dishes, all of which are halal. You'll find tandoori curries, shami kebabs, steaks, spaghetti and seafood on the menu. It's also a popular shisha joint in Patong.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 2am
- Location: 204/15 Rat-U-Thit Song Roi Pi Road, Patong, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)83 174 8837
Padiran Persian CuisinePatong Beach
Padiran Persian Cuisine is a simple and cosy restaurant specialising in Iranian dishes at pretty reasonable prices. Must-tries include the lamb shank and sabzi polow ba mahi (traditional steamed vegetable rice with fried fish steak). The fact that the owner takes an active role in welcoming and serving his guests creates a very friendly, welcoming environment. The restaurant is located along Soi La Diva, just past the entrance to Bangla Road off Rat-U-Thit Road.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12pm to 11.30pm
- Location: 204, 41 Soi La Diva, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)89 005 8042