The five best shopping malls in Phuket do compare favourably to Bangkok’s mega-shopping complexes. As with their famous counterparts from the capital of Thailand, they feature international brand names at bargain prices, great entertainment opportunities, and restaurants serving cuisines from all around the world.
The history of large supermarkets and shopping centres in Phuket doesn’t go back in time that far. The first large shopping complex to ever open on the island was Tesco Lotus in just 1998! Since then, they’ve been popping up all over. Have a look at the five most popular shopping malls in Phuket; you will feel at home at any of these modern and well-stocked venues.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Jungceylon Mall enjoys an extremely convenient location in the heart of Patong Beach, the prime resort town in Phuket. Featuring one large Big C supermarket, seven leisure entertainment venues (including five movie theatres at SF Cinema City), One Robinson department store, 200-plus boutiques, one night club, one stylish hotel (Millennium Resort Patong) and over 25 restaurants and bars, Jungceylon Mall is almost a city within the city. If you cannot find the article you are looking for at Jungceylon, then you won’t find it in Thailand! Read More...
- Opening Hours: May – Oct daily from 11:00 – 22:00 and Nov – Apr daily from 11:00 – 23:00
- Location: On Rat-U-Thit Road, not far from Bangla Road
Situated on the western outskirts of Phuket City, Central Festival Phuket is, with two (soon to be three) large buildings, the largest shopping mall in Phuket. The main three-storey building houses a large Central department store featuring all the major brand names in the matter of clothing, home equipment, and cosmetics; countless fashion, electronics, and sportswear boutiques; a food-court plus a great choice of Thai/Japanese/western restaurants; and an SFX Cinema projecting Thai and international movies. On the other side of the Bypass Road, Central Festival East hosts Homeworks (a large DIY shop) and more boutiques selling phone accessories, electronics, handbags, and more. Two convenience stores (one in each building) are also available. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:30 - 22:00
- Location: On the Bypass Road in Phuket Town
Premium Outlet Phuket is a very original shopping venue in Phuket. Located along the Bypass Road, on the northwestern outskirts of Phuket City, this quaint shopping complex is built like a village that only features boutiques and (a few) restaurants and bars on its street-sides. The peculiarity of Premium Outlet Phuket is that all the boutiques it hosts are brand-named and sell (mostly) only discontinued items at rock-bottom rates. From shoes to shirts to pants to sportswear to toys, there is always a good deal awaiting customers at one of the corners of this quirky yet charming shopping mall. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:00 – 23:00
- Location: On the Bypass Road (aka Chalearmprakiet Ror 9 Road)
Made of stainless steel, aluminium and Plexiglas, Banana Walk is a futuristically designed shopping mall located 100m south of Bangla Road, on Patong Beach Road. Lit with colourful LED lights, it looks really impressive at night. This three-storey shopping and dining complex is a melting spot of flavours throughout its seven restaurants, and of fashion styles throughout its brand-named boutique stores. A convenience store can also be found on the second floor, which is very useful in case you have forgot your sun cream on the way to the rooftop mini golf course. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 23:00
- Location: Beach Road, near Banana Disco, Patong
imelight Avenue is a modern shopping mall located on New Dibuk Road, in the heart of Phuket City. This excellent location, a few steps away from Phuket Old Town, permits locals and tourists alike to benefit from a nice air-conditioned refuge to take a break from the heat, find something to drink and eat, or do a bit of shopping while exploring the historical district of Phuket Island’s capital. It is also the home of the Phuket Indy Market. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00 (midnight for some of the restaurants)
- Location: New Dibuk Road, Phuket Town