Phuket Bird Park is home to over 1,000 birds of around 100 species from Asia, Africa and South America. Located in Chalong, the bird park occupies a 4,8560-square-metre land with a natural waterfall, plenty of exotic plants and winding paths. You'll also find a souvenir shop and 3 cafes within the complex.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
What to see at Phuket Bird Park
As you explore Phuket Bird Park, you'll come across exotic birds such as African crowned cranes, hornbills, Nicobar pigeons, ostriches and emus. While some birds – like turkeys and chickens – are left to roam freely in the park, others such as the small and fiery-coloured Siamese pheasants and red-billed blue magpies are displayed in thatched-roofed cages.
Halfway up the park's challenging upward path, you’ll come across a stand selling drinks and snacks. There are plenty of wooden tables and chairs for you to rest and take in the lush surroundings.
This spot is next to a grove of bird of paradise plants, which is Jamaica's national flower. The gardens are almost an attraction in themselves, given that Phuket Bird Park is the sister park of Phuket Botanic Garden.
Good to know about Phuket Bird Park
Phuket Bird Park hosts live shows at its in the amphitheatre every day at 10.30am, 1.30pm and 3.30pm. You’ll leave scratching your head at how exactly a parrot could indicate the age of a randomly selected member of the audience.
Phuket Bird Park is wheelchair-friendly, but you might need some help getting up the steep inclines. The bird park is around 2.6 km north of Wat Chalong in Phuket.
Phuket Bird Park
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 5pm
- Location: 6/2 Moo 3, Chao Fah Tawan Tok Rd, Wichit, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 367 576
- Price Range: Adult: 500 baht, Child: 300 baht