Phuket Botanic Garden
A Multisensual Family Experience in Chalong0
Phuket Botanic Garden in Chalong offers an alternative recreation choice for visitors; especially those with an interest in gardening. This orchid pavilion display, rainforest garden, winter garden, with many rare plant species and more than 30 other selections will entertain the whole family.
Each zone has its own characteristics and plant collections that will definitely grab your attention. Don’t forget your camera!Read More
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Phuket Botanic Garden is a great place to enjoy 50 different varieties of cactus, some unique palm trees and the aromatic fragrant gardens themselves. Walking around the pond, you will appreciate the beautiful water lilies, lotuses and Japanese carp (or koi) as well as the large artificial waterfall that you can actually walk through.
Discover plants and fruits at the fruit orchard and herb garden that you may have been eating since arriving in Thailand without knowing it. These include mangos, mangosteens, bananas, jackfruits, santol, lychee and rose apples. Most are indigenous fruits only to Southeast Asia.
A must-stop is the winter garden where the many colourful flowers and trees have been brought from the northern part of the country. Despite Phuket’s warm and humid weather, the temperature in this room is always kept cool at maximum 20 degrees C. Another good reason to visit!
Enjoy the exhibition of an average Thai farmer through a display of a rice field and a small house that also has a vegetable garden. It helps us to understand how the farmers gain direct benefits from their own hard work and why, especially in the old days, Thai farmers hardly needed to buy any food.
They not only grow their own rice, vegetables and herbs, but they also raise their own animals such as chickens and pigs while fish are sourced from their own pond or river and other nearby water resources. Their simple life can be a good inspiration and example of living a self-sufficient lifestyle.
Opened in 2012, the Phuket Botanic Garden is a huge garden covering a large 15-rai area of land, but don’t worry, it has plenty of rest facilities and a souvenir shop. Some of the most interesting displays worth checking are the Thai-style spirit houses and wooden features that show how beautiful Thai craftsmanship can be.
After a tour, why not take a break and enjoy the wide variety of food and drinks at the garden’s restaurant? Or if you prefer, you can check in at one of its lovely villas.
Phuket Botanic Garden
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 09.00 - 17.00 Closed on Wednesday
- Location: On Lung Por Chuang Road, Chalong, south of the island. If coming from Phuket Town, you’ll spot a small road commonly known by the name Soi TOT located before reaching the famous Wat Chalong. Make a turn there.
- Tel: +66 (0)76-367076
- Price Range: Adult 500 baht, children 300 baht