There’s no doubt about it: Phuket is an exotic and fascinating place, entirely different to back home. But that’s just it: Sometimes it’s natural to yearn for a little taste of back home.
Here are five of the best Irish pubs in Phuket where you can tuck into pub grub, throw a few darts and sup on some old-fashioned ale while watching the footy on TV.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
It’s a miracle what just a few seconds can do in your life: One minute you’re wandering along in a Patong shopping mall gazing at bikinis, tourist souvenirs and ornamental shells, the next thing you know you’re in what looks for all the world like a Dublin pub with Irish music tinkling and scraping in the background and a pint of ale being drawn for you. What’s going on here? This is The Irish Times pub located in Jungceylon shopping mall in Patong Beach. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 24:00
- Location: Inside Jungceylon Shopping Mall
A ‘cellar pub’ Molly Malone’s is perhaps the oldest pub on the island as it’s been serving good food and drink since 1999. Like her sister pub Scruffy Murphy’s, you’ll get to enjoy great live music here and the bands are central to the fun-loving craic at this Irish-themed establishment. All-day breakfasts and dining make it a favourite with late risers and the full range of draught and bottled beers along with Irish whiskies ensure that a boozy evening (or afternoon) is part of the experience. Food portions are generous and all the old favourites are served here, along with several Thai dishes. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 09:00 to 02:00
- Location: next to McDonald’s on Patong Beach Road
- Tel: +66 (0)76 292 771
The Drunken Leprechaun Phuket serves a good taste of the Emerald Isle in a quirky and novel setting, making it a great complement to the Hooters and Hard Rock restaurants just along the road in Patong Beach. It boasts a great range of stouts and western pub grub, making it one of the most Irish of the city’s choice of Irish bars. The pub has some really unique doormen – a pair of the namesake drunken leprechauns! The two jolly little people dressed up in Kerry green knickerbockers and top hats are not actually inebriated or guarding a pot of gold, but they do provide a warm welcome and set the mood for the place well. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 01:00
- Address: 48 Ruamjai Road, Patong Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)7 633 7000
A local favourite, especially for a Sunday lunch session, Green Man offers good old-style English pub grub in the only ‘Tudor’ English Pub on the island. The place is fitted out for private parties including weddings and birthday celebrations. Green Man is also well known for its all-day breakfasts. Other pub fare includes fish and chips, mussels, bacon and clam chowder, steak and mushroom pie. Ideally it’s best to check out their chalkboard menu in the pub for each day’s choices. The Green Man is not the cheapest place around for a pint – it’s more of a special occasion venue. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tue - Sun 12:00 - 02:00
- Location: 82/15 Patak Road, 1 km from Chalong Circle, heading towards Kata Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)7 639 0360
An Irish pub & restaurant in Karon serving up traditional Irish fare, alongside international favourites and pub grub, there’s free Wi-Fi, and two big screens show major live football matches and other sports. Beer-wise you can get Guinness, Kilkenny, Greene King IPA, Fosters and Heineken on tap as well as draught Magners cider. Angus O’ Tools is also a live music venue with local expat acts mixing with Thais for both electric and acoustic sets and things can get hot and steamy later on here. This family pub also has fun theme nights.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 24:00
- Location: In the Soi Centara Karon Resort
- Tel: +66 (0)76 398 262