Phuket Floating Market is a novel and attractive shopping experience in a quiet part of Phuket, just outside of Patong. Built in what was once a tin mining area, it brings a wide range of unique souvenirs, sweets and treats from right across Thailand into an iconic setting which the country has become famous for.
Opened in May 2016, the market is relatively modest in size, but still boasts quite an array of shops and sellers in boats. The walkways are spacious and safe, even for the large crowds the place is attracting. There is quite a large Thai restaurant on site, as well as a choice of clothing, food, sweets and souvenir shops.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
As you would expect, Phuket Floating Market is not quite as ‘authentic’ as some of the more famous examples in Bangkok, and this is fairly noticeable from the clean concrete floors, guard rails, well-organised shops and various shows being performed, including traditional Thai dancing and Muay Thai demonstrations. The prices are also a little higher, given that this is primarily a tourist attraction rather than an authentic market. However, it is an interesting and entertaining place to do your souvenir shopping, making a pleasant change from stuffy and over-crowded alternatives.
Phuket Floating Market
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: Kathu Road, opposite entrance to Route 3030, Kathu
- Tel: +66 (0)7 630 4288