Good live music is the highlight of any bar or pub experience and often the popularity of a venue depends on the quality of its band’s performance. In Phuket, most live music bars are clustered together in the Patong Beach area or in Phuket Town. Live music bars in Phuket are few and far between, but for those who search them out, there’s a whole range of talented bands and musicians playing every night of the week.
From blues to jazz, rock, and even heavy metal, you can find practically all types of music played live in Phuket. All the venues mentioned below offer great performing bands as well as a cool atmosphere for the audience who can enjoy sipping a drink while foot-tapping along with the music.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Opened in November 2009, Hard Rock Café Phuket is the third Thai venue by this famous American brand in Thailand after Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya and Hard Rock Café Bangkok (rumours say that Koh Samui will be next).
Located on Rat-U-Thit Rd, the main street in the centre of Patong, Hard Rock Café Phuket delivers great music, Tex-Mex delicacies and a Rock n' Roll merchandising and memorabilia collection with taste and class in a superb two-storey building. Hard Rock Café Phuket is a home from home for all those who love rock music and western food in a classy environment. Read More...
- Opening Hours: from 11:00 - 02:00, live band starts at 20:00
- Location: On rat-U-Thit Rd at the Destination Patong Hotel & Spa
- Tel: +66 (0)76 366 381
Red Hot is an almost exact identikit reincarnation of Margarita’s that stood on the same spot for over 10 years. It has all the same features, including wide-screen TVs showing sports, a pool table, loud and proud live music, a good range of reasonably-priced food that is served until late, and enviable people-watching spots with views of the crowds surging by on Bangla Road.
Red Hot is not exactly the ideal place for tea, muffins and a polite conversation as the music (starting at 20:00) can get very loud and the place hops later on. If you’re looking for some night action with the feeling of being right in the heart of things then Red Hot is perfect. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 04:00
- Location: In Patong Beach, opposite Rock Hard on Bangla Road
- Tel: +66 (0)7 625 4142, +66 (0)89 952 0316
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/REDHOTPATONG
Rock City is the High Temple of live heavy metal and hard rock music in Patong Beach. From 21:00 onward the musical elements are unleashed: no less than four different bands (each with their own specialty) play every night to a captivated and enthusiastic audience.
The first two play classic 70s, 80s and 90s rock standards (Bon Jovi, Guns n Roses, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin), the two other acts are AC/DC and Metallica tribute bands. All musicians performing at Rock City are passionate, skilled and great entertainers, chatting and joking with the audience in between the songs. If you love heavy rock music, you won’t be disappointed by the show. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 20:00 – 02:00
- Location: On Rat-U-Thit Road, opposite Bangla Road
Tao Nightclub Phuket combines a sophisticated décor with modern facilities and excellent drink prices to create one of the top live music bars in Patong, adding to an already lively scene of evening entertainment. Adapting perfectly to the audience, the band provides great Thai and western songs in a fun and friendly atmosphere. A plush Chinese styling - featuring leather-effect table tops, red and gold wall panels and a tuk-tuk as a roof decoration – collides with industrial-style riveted girders and state-of-the-art lighting and screens. It creates an unusual but surprisingly effective mash-up of styles and themes, which mirrors the eclectic style of entertainment. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 19:00 - late
- Location: on Bangla Road to the left of Soi Rico entrance
- Tel: +66 (0)87 272 2588
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Taonightclub1/
Rockin' Angels Blues Café in Phuket Town is the place to go if you are a music lover. But not any type of music, though: one born in America's Deep South around the end of 19th century - the Blues. The décor and ambiance of Rockin' Angels café reflects an American influence with red brick walls, music posters, old records, dim lights, fluorescent beer signs, you could be in any bar in Chicago or New Orleans.
Rockin' Angels first task is to quench the thirst of its customers, so you'll find all types of drinks here. If you are hungry, Rider Café's menu is available, and a link by walkie-talkie between the two venues allows customers to get a hamburger or fried-rice while listening to the band. Note that smoking is not allowed inside, but smokers can enjoy a puff at one of the two tables on the pavement in front of the bar (the music is loud enough to be heard from outside). Read More...
- Opening Hours: from 17:30 - 01:00 (music from 21:00 - 00:00) - Closed on Mondays
- Location: In Phuket Town, on the left-hand side of Yaowarat Road 150 metres after the fountain circle
- Tel: +66 (0)89 654 9654