Phuket Local Bus
From Phuket Town to All Beaches - Schedules 20150
Phuket Local Beach Bus offers you many different routes to take you wherever you need to go, whether it’s Patong, Kata, Karon or Rawai. It is far from the fastest or most luxurious way to travel, but it’s the cheapest method of getting from Phuket Town to all the beaches. Phuket local bus station is located on Ranong Road in Old Phuket Town. The shuttles are not air-conditioned, which is how the prices can be less 50 baht per trip.
These routes are set up and operated by different companies that have their own arrangements and style. Some feature big blue buses while some use the exotic-looking blue songtheaw (aka photong) and many operators use both. Travelling on these buses is not only going to give you time to appreciate the real Phuket, but you can also enjoy the island’s breeze and surroundings along the way.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Ao Phang Nga National Park Kayak Adventure
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Introduction to City Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Morning Sino Heritage Walk
- Koh Yao Noi Full-Day Bike Tour
There are a few important points to note about Phuket Beach Buses. There is no proper bus schedule put up anywhere, with no clear answer as to why this is. One gets the impression that doing so might create an unpleasant atmosphere with the taxi businesses. Phuket.com went ahead and talked individual bus drivers from each routes and come up with the following schedule, considered the first in Phuket.
We learnt that the Patong Bus stops at Central Festival, Big C and Jungceylon Shopping Mall on both ways. It’s common for all buses to stop at numerous places when the passengers request, as long as it’s on the route. There are many shuttles operating along each route every day. Please allow about 20 – 30 minutes’ waiting time between each buses.
There is no bus that goes from beach to beach, except from Rawai to Nai Harn, Kata to Karon and Surin to Kamala – and only these because they share the same route.
The 3 Bus Stations in Phuket Town
There are three main bus stations/terminals in Phuket Town:
- Phuket Bus Terminal 1 (the 'old' bus station off Phang Nga Road) features minibuses linking Phuket to major destinations around Thailand.
- Phuket Bus Terminal 2 (the 'new' bus station on Thepkasattri Road) features large buses linking Phuket to major destinations around Thailand.
- The local bus station on Ranong Road in the Old Town (famous for its market) links Phuket Town to all beaches in Phuket
The blue songtheaws link Ranong Road to all Phuket beaches (the destination is written on each bus), and the pink songtheaws assure transfers between the three bus stations/terminals in Phuket Town.
Phuket Local Bus Station in Phuket Downtown (Ranong Road)
The local bus station is located on Ranong Road in the Old Town, just next to the Phuket City Market and opposite Thai Airways Office. from there you are at walking distance from the old historical streets of Thalang and Dibuk as well as Thai Hua Museum. Ranong Road is a hive of activity mostly around the clock: buyers and sellers of fresh and processed products are on Ranong Road from four in the morning until late at night. It is definitely worth a visit if you are in Phuket Town.
Local Bus Station on Ranong Road
You May Also Like