Muay Thai is a physical and mental discipline that's also called ‘the art of 8 limbs’. Combining the use of fists, elbows, knees, shins and feet, it’s a tough sport that requires a lot of physical preparation. A full-on top-level match is a veritable maze of feints, thrusts, manoeuvres and full-on head-bashing.
If you're looking to toughen up and get in the ring, check out our guide to the best Muay Thai camps in Phuket, many of which are located in the south of the island. These camps often offer accommodation, meals, and a wide range of courses for beginners, intermediates and advanced Muay Thai enthusiasts.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Tiger Muay ThaiChalong
Tiger Muay Thai & MMA Training Camp occupies over 8,000 square metres of land in the central part of Phuket. It's divided into weight and fitness sections, along with areas dedicated to the various levels of fighting potential. One of Phuket's most popular Muay Thai camps, it receives between 250 and 400 trainees a month. There are about 34 local coaches and foreign coaches from around the world who specialise in fitness, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and MMA. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 7am to 7pm
- Location: 7/35 Soi Taled, Chalong, Muang, Phuket 83130, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 367 071
Sumalee Boxing GymPhuket east coast
Sumalee Boxing Gym combines traditional Muay Thai training with western standards of service, accommodation, facilities and food. Located on the east coast, the gym affords easy access to other parts of Phuket and Phang Nga Bay. Onsite facilities include a weights room, restaurant, swimming pool, and yoga studio. Group classes take place twice a day, 6 days a week. Private lessons can be arranged on request. Sumalee Boxing Gym's team consists of decorated Thai fighters as Ganchai Fairtex and Petchmai.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 7am to 7pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 234 Moo 3, Soi Hua Tha, Sri Sunthon Road, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)88 017 3018
Sinbi Muay Thai Training CampRawai
Sinbi Muay Thai Training Camp has state-of-the-art facilities, adequate lodging, a high turnover of Muay Thai students, and experienced teachers from professional Muay Thai backgrounds. All trainers have fought at the highest levels at Lumpinee and Ratchadamnoen stadiums in Bangkok – some have fought in international matches. Located not far from Nai Harn Beach, Sinbi Muay Thai also has the advantage of being just a few minutes away from one of Phuket’s most beautiful beaches.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 7.30am to 7pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 100/15 Soi Saiyuan 9, Rawai, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)83 391 5535
Kingka Supa Muay ThaiRawai
Kingka Supa Muay Thai in Rawai has around 15 bungalows with air-conditioning and 5 dorm-style rooms adjacent to its boxing rings. You’ll have the opportunity to learn any level of Muay Thai, whether you're an absolute beginner or aspiring fighter. Kingka Supa Muay Thai also provides boxing gloves, hand wraps, shin guards, ankle guards, belly pads, and kick pads.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 7am to 7pm, Sunday from 9am to 6pm
- Location: 43/42 Moo 7, Viset Rd, Rawai, Muang, Phuket 83130, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 226 495
Suwit Muay Thai CampChalong
Suwit Muay Thai is a Phuket establishment that has been around for over 20 years. It's located on Chalong’s Chao Fa East Road, near Phuket Zoo. The Muay Thai camp has many air-conditioned rooms and a fair-sized swimming pool for you to unwind after training. Twice-daily training classes for differing levels take place 6 days a week. On Fridays, Suwit organises a fight night that's open to the public.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 8am to 6pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 15 Moo 1, Chao Fa Road, Chalong, Muang, Phuket 83130, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 374 313