These great Phuket restaurants with a view offer some of the most romantic dining experiences on the island. Giving you a feast for the eyes as well as your appetite, they're at their best around dusk, when the setting sun paints the sky and surrounding landscape with beautiful colours.
As Phuket is a hilly island, the opportunity to appreciate a good meal while enjoying outstanding and sweeping vistas is almost unparalleled in the country. Here are the top ‘meals-with-a-view’ culinary destinations on the island. The places in our selection offer a range of cuisines, panoramas and costs per dish, meaning there is something for most visitors.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
360° BarLayan Beach
With its hilltop vista of Phuket's lush greenery along with a generous swathe of the Andaman Sea, 360° Bar is a winner in the looks department alone and its towering location and views are wonderful extras. This 2-level, deck-floored restaurant's upper floor is where the kitchen, bar and washrooms are located.
The under-lit white-topped bar is set off by its black slatted stools and a giant, white sail cover is fitted over it all. All of this, with the lights of Phuket twinkling down below, makes for a pretty impressive dining location. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5.30pm to 11.30pm
- Location: The Pavilions Phuket, Layan Beach, 232/1 Moo 6 Cherngtalay, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 317 600
Heaven Restaurant & BarKata Noi Beach
Heaven Restaurant & Bar Phuket allows you to enjoy a host of local seafood delicacies made in the traditional, local way at reasonable prices. Tuck into the extensive menu and delicious offerings while you stare out over the 3 bays of Kata Noi Beach, Kata Beach and Karon Beach. It's a great place to view the sunset in the distance on an evening in Phuket. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 3pm to 11.30pm
- Location: 6 Soi Leammumnai, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)93 140 0113
- Cuisine: Thai, International
Diavolo is centred on a red-and-gold colour theme, with plenty of richly hued wooden parquet flooring and matching walls. It spills out onto a large terrace with decking and spectacular 270-degree views out over the Andaman Sea and a huge banyan tree to the side.
It’s all simply done but the overall effect is strong and pleasing to the senses. The kitchen rustles up quality Italian dishes and, if you’re so inclined, you could even order a couple of Thai side dishes. Read More...
- Location: Paresa Resort, Nakalay Road (Millionaires’ Mile), Kamala, Kathu District, Phuket 83120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 302 000
Pan Yaah RestaurantKalim Beach
Pan Yaah in Kalim is a good choice for one of the best restaurant views of Patong Bay and the town itself. Established for many years, it’s a great little place for romantic and intimate sunset and evening dining.
The restaurant is set above large granite rocks and diners can hear the surf breaking below, which all add to impress diners. Pan Yaah is largely made of dark wood and a fan-cooled terrace overlooking the sea is its coveted spot. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Sunday from 11am to 11pm (closed on Mondays)
- Location: 249 Prabaramee Road (Beach Road), Kalim, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 290 450
Sunset Grill RestaurantKamala Beach
Sunset Grill Restaurant’s name tells you pretty much all you need to know about this excellent hillside restaurant at the Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort. The open-sided eatery serves up high-quality grilled dishes with a stunning backdrop of the sun sinking into to the Andaman Sea, all in a chic and romantic setting. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6pm to 10pm
- Location: Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort, 16/12 Moo 6, Kamala, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 231 234
Tunk Ka CafePhuket Town
Tunk Ka Cafe is one of Phuket's best sunset-viewing points and one of the only great Phuket restaurants with a view that isn't on the west coast. Khao Rang enjoys vistas over the town and the island’s ‘backbone’ of north-to-south hills – every bit as prolific as a coastal sea view. Serving typical Thai dining, you’ll enjoy an evening here above Phuket Town. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 10pm
- Location: Khosimbi Road, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)80 821 1500
The Royal KitchenPatong Beach
The Royal Kitchen, a Chinese restaurant at the top of the Royal Paradise hotel, has a much sought-after 180-degree view out over Patong and the Andaman. Looking down from this lofty perch, Patong below looks like a toy town.
Seen from offshore, Patong has a highly distinctive skyline. The 2 tallest buildings dominating this skyline are the Patong condominium and the Royal Paradise Hotel (of which The Royal Kitchen is part of). Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from midday to 2pm and from 6pm to 11pm
- Location: Royal Paradise Hotel, 135 Rat-U-Thit Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 340 666
After Beach BarKata Noi Beach
After Beach Bar is the most popular of the sunset bars and restaurants overlooking Kata Noi Beach. It's on the hill road between Kata and Rawai, directly above Kata Noi Beach. Here, the sun setting into the Andaman is accompanied by an almost non-stop flow of Bob Marley tunes on the stereo.
The venue's décor consists of wagon wheels and raw plank shelving, with Thai and (of course) Jamaican flags. No décor, no matter how well thought out, could possibly outshine the views out over the Andaman Sea to the horizon. While the view is excellent, the food is on the simpler and cheaper end of the spectrum. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 10pm
- Location: 44 Kata Rd, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)84 745 9365
Green Forest RestaurantPhuket Town
Green Forest Restaurant is a popular and genuine Thai diner that's off the beaten path and mostly frequented by locals. Established a little way up Toe Sae Hill (commonly known as Monkey Hill) in the northern part of Phuket Town, near the City Hall and other governmental administration buildings, Green Forest’s main asset is its superb views of Phuket’s eastern coast and its offshore islands. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 24 hours
- Location: Rasada, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 215 651