Tattoo studios are popular in Phuket, with over a dozen businesses running in Patong Beach alone. Sak yant (religious tattoos) is a very popular tattoo in Thailand, as it's believed to bring fortune, protection, or power. This form of tattoos was originally done by practitioners of magic and Buddhist monks, using long and sharpened bamboo sticks (mai sak) dipped in ink.
Tattooing is a serious business which requires a lot of patience, skills, and strict hygiene. The best tattoo studios in Phuket strictly adhere to the rules, using sterilized tools and brand-new needles for each client, as well as giving out handy tips on the post-tattoo healing process. If you want a permanent souvenir of your Phuket holiday, we've listed down some of the most highly recommended tattoo studios on the island.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Golden Needle TattooPhuket Town
Golden Needle Tattoo is located in Phuket Town, near Rama IX Park. It's a nicely decorated and compact wooden house with a lampshade entirely made with used tattoo needles. The owner of this multi-award-winning tattoo studio, Chart Khemtong, has over 20 years of experience in tattooing.
Chart, along with employees Mee and Kai, specialises in oriental designs using only electric tattoo machines. Many famous UFC and MMA fighters have gotten their tattoos at Golden Needle Tattoo Phuket. Prices start at 1,000 baht.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12.30pm to 9.30pm
- Location: 62/14 Chaofa Rd, Talat Nuea, Phuket Town, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 271 7152
Celebrity Ink Tattoo PhuketPatong Beach
Celebrity Ink Tattoo Phuket delivers custom and high-quality tattoos at affordable prices. Their team go above and beyond to ensure every client is satisfied with their tattoo. This award-winning tattoo studio is known for their highly skilled and fully-licensed tattoo artists, who often share expert advice when it comes to design and post-tattoo healing.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to midnight
- Location: 23/12 Soi Sea Dragon Patong, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 641 006
Aussine TattooPatong Beach
Aussine Tattoo Phuket occupies a 9-square-metre store on Rat-U-Thit Road in Patong. All tattoos are created using tattoo machines, with custom-made designs or images brought by their customers.
You can find a wide range of tattoo styles at Aussine Tattoo Phuket, including tribal, Japanese, Celtic, and sak yant (Thai spiritual tattoos). Prices start at 1,000 baht for a simple black design and can go up to 60,000 baht for a detailed and coloured full-sleeved tattoo.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm
- Location: 4 Soi Kebsup, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)61 030 9252
Old Man TattoosPhuket Town
Old Man Tattoo Phuket has been operating in Phuket Town since 1999, making it one of the island's longest-running tattoo shops. Founded by celebrated tattoo artist, John, the studio is known for its quality work and attention to hygiene. John uses traditional Thai bamboo techniques and specialises in a mix of oriental/Japanese, black and grey, as well as classic Thai designs.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10.30am to 10.30pm
- Address: 37 Phang Nga Rd, Talat Yai, Phuket Town, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 535 9498
Siam Ink TattooPatong Beach
Located at the entrance of the Paradise Hotel Complex in Patong Beach, Siam Ink Tattoo is located at the entrance of Paradise Hotel Complex in Patong Beach. Employing 4 tattooists (including international award-winning artists), this modern parlour uses traditional bamboo sticks and tattoo machines.
Siam Ink Tattoo specialises in many styles of tattooing, including custom-made layouts following their customers’ tastes and requirements, free-hand, repairs and cover-ups. The tattoo studio charges around 3,000 baht per hour.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 12pm to 11.30pm, Sunday from 6pm to 11.30pm
- Location: 141/5 Royal Paradise Hotel Complex, Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 676 9411
Patong Tattoo Phuket Studio (Mit & Wat)Patong Beach
Patong Tattoo Phuket Studio at Patong's Loma Park has been around since 2002. It's owned by brothers Mit and Wat, both of whom have been in the tattoo business since the late 1990s. They’re quite famous in Phuket’s tattoo scene for their polite professionalism.
Working with bamboo sticks and a tattoo machine, they can create just about any design. You can get a traditional Japanese, Thai, sak yant (Buddhist spiritual tattoos), or your very own custom design. Prices start at 1,000 baht, and increase according to difficulty.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 7pm
- Location: 60/12 Rat-U-Thit 100 Pee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)93 664 0535
Seed Tattoo PatongPatong Beach
With over 15 years of experience behind him, Rucky of Seed Tattoo Patong offers a nice selection of designs to choose from, including Thai, American and Japanese styles. The tattoo studio meets international standards of hygiene, with fully sterilised equipment, high-quality inks, and many satisfied customers. His shop is right by the Patong Boxing Stadium, on Sansabai Road.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12pm to midnight
- Location: 169/81 Sansabai Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)86 860 7807
Bloodline Tattoo PatongPatong Beach
Bloodline Tattoo at Soi Patong Resort is an Australian-managed studio with a team of award-winning Thai artists. Offering both machine and traditional bamboo tattoos, they operate in a highly sterile environment and use only disposable tattoo equipment and high-quality imported inks. Many satisfied customers have walked away with traditional Japanese, realistic, dot-work, and cover-up tattoos, among other styles.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7am to 11.30pm
- Location: 54/2 Soi Patong Resort, Bangla Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
Mayhem Ink Tattoo Studio PhuketPatong Beach
Mayhem Ink Tattoo Studio Phuket is Thailand’s first custom-built tattoo studio, located above Aussie Bar on Bangla Road. It's practically an extension of the bar, with 2 lounges and TVs airing live sports matches. This Australian-owned tattoo studio is known for offering high-quality tattoos in a safe and sterile environment.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm
- Location: 9 Bangla Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)93 763 8542
Pitbull Tattoo PhuketPatong Beach
Pitbull Tattoo Phuket is a professional tattoo and piercing studio on Bangla Road. Skilled Thai artists, overseen by highly qualified western management, make use of imported inks, sterilized tools, tattoo machines and traditional bamboo techniques. They offer a broad range of tattoo designs, from photo-realistic to cartoons, and everything in between.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 11pm
- Location: 31 Bangla Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)95 545 6196