Promthep Cape Restaurant
Dining with a View at Phuket's Southern Tip0
Promthep Cape restaurant straddles the hillside and overlooks both Ya Nui and Nai Harn beaches and in the distance lies beautiful Ao Sane Beach. With over thirty heavy-duty tables and seating for 200 and with very decent prices you’d expect it to do a roaring trade and be a crowded place but somehow it manages to stay a fairly peaceful spot.
Cape Promthep, once the sun has set, is the exact opposite of how it is during the day. Gone are the hundreds of camera-toting tourists, the exhaust-belching buses, the touts and snack vendors and in their absence serenity reigns. The night breezes take over and under a canopy of twinkling stars you can enjoy decent seafood at Promthep Restaurant.Read More
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Good to Know
You can also dine here at midday but seating can be a problem because of the sun. It’s best to phone beforehand to reserve a table in a shady spot. Late afternoon dining here has the double advantage of enjoying some great food and the sunset at the same time.
Simply park in the huge space provided and walk up the stairs. The restaurant is located on the right.
Promthep Cape Restaurant's Food
Predominantly serving seafood, and with good combination platters, here’s where to enjoy fresh lobster, fish, squid and prawns and to take in the nighttime vistas of southern Phuket. Try the catfish salad or the steamed sea bass in lemon sauce; very spicy but bursting with flavour. Even though the restaurant serves wine we stick to ice-cold beer here as it seems to best complement the spicy food.
Service is cheerful here but the walk from the kitchen to the table, along with the constant breezes, almost guarantees that your food is somewhat cooled off by the time it reaches you; never mind, unlike western food, a large percentage of Thai food can be enjoyed either hot or cold.
Promthep Cape Restaurant
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 22:00
- Location: To the right of Promthep car park up the hill
- Tel: +66 (0)76 288 084