Rassada Pier is the main dock for boats and ferries travelling to and from islands off the coast of Phuket, including Koh Phi Phi, Koh Lanta, and Krabi. Located on the west coast of the island, this ferry pier is a little over 4 km southeast of Phuket Town. It's an hour-long drive to reach Rassada Pier from Phuket International Airport.
Rassada Pier is busiest in the morning, with hundreds of day-trippers heading for Phang Nga Bay. You'll find private yachts, speedboats, and ferries offering transfers to surrounding islands. The first ferries usually leave for Krabi and Koh Lanta at 8am. If you want to stock up on snacks before your trip, there are a couple of food stalls and a snack shop close to the pier.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Good to know about Rassada Pier in Phuket
While Rassada Pier has several booths offering tickets on the day of travel, it's a good idea to book in advance if you're in Phuket during high season. Boats are often fully booked from November to April.
Beware of English-speaking touts operating just outside Rassada Pier. They often offer you VIP tickets for a special price but these are usually normal tickets, which you'll pay 3 times higher.
How to get to Koh Phi Phi from Rassada Pier:
- Getting to Koh Phi Phi by ferry takes around 2.5 hours. A one-way trip costs around 350 baht or 690 baht, depending on which pier you arrive.
- A speedboat ride takes 1 hour, but is more expensive. Book in advance, especially in high season.
- Ferries leave Rassada Pier every hour from 8am to 3pm (schedule times vary by season or weather)
- See Phuket-Phi Phi ferry schedules
Rassada Pier in Phuket
- Location: Ratsada, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand