Rock City in Phuket
Heavy Rock haven in Patong Beach0
Rock City is the High Temple of live heavy metal and hard rock music in Patong Beach. First opened in 2005 along the Beach Road, it moved to its present location (facing Bangla Road on Rat-U-Thit road) in 2008 and has been a success story ever since. Its central location, in the same area as Tai Pan Disco, Rock Hard a Go-Go and Jungceylon makes it difficult to miss. Rock City’s main door is guarded by two Predator-like statues made of recycled engine spare parts and is overhung by a big screen advertising the place.
Rock City is a two-storey building: a large dark space downstairs filled with round tables and bar stools facing a stage which takes up the entire back end of the room, and a balcony overlooking the same stage. The bar itself occupies the right-hand side at the entrance.Read More
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
From 21:00 onward the musical elements are unleashed: no less than four different bands (each with their own specialty) play every night to a captivated and enthusiastic audience. The first two play classic 70s, 80s and 90s rock standards (Bon Jovi, Guns n Roses, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin), the two other acts are AC/DC and Metallica tribute bands.
All musicians performing at Rock City are passionate, skilled and great entertainers, chatting and joking with the audience in between the songs. If you love heavy rock music, you won’t be disappointed by the show.
Metal music is no longer an outsider phenomenon as it used to be 30 or 40 years ago, when long haired and black-leathered youths were often seen as a potential source of trouble. This is largely reflected by the people frequenting this venue: young and old people, men and women, from all social classes, you meet all types of persons at Rock City, all sharing a love for powerful music in a relaxed and cheerful atmosphere.
During the breaks in the live music, a large screen comes down above the stage and shows Jackass videos to entertain the crowd. Staff and security are professional, and some waitresses walk around with syringes filled up with a red cocktail, or tequila shots to quench the thirst of partiers. Prices are a bit at the high end, but a show of this quality can’t be set up for free.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 20:00 – 02:00
- Location: On Rat-U-Thit Road, opposite Bangla Road
- Remarks: No entrance fee: you can watch a real rock concert for the price of a beer